Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 141,468 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Football Gods are against me this week. :glare: I won't be home to watch the Colts and Patriots play, and my Ravens play on Monday night against the Steelers. A big rivalry in our division, and I gotta work.:glare: I can listen to the radio, but I operate a printing press and am constantly on the move and the machine is loud, so I will miss much of it. Oh, the agony:cry2:

As for the Colts and Pats? My heart roots for the Colts (formally my hometown team when they were in Baltimore), but my brain tells me the Pats are gonna roll. They are on a mission this year after getting caught...um...cheating. :ohmy: And that Randy Moss? He's been catching any balls thrown in his general zip code this year. I never liked the ego-maniac, but he sure can play!

Looking ahead on who my Ravens play scares the crap out of me. Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts. How's that for a 4-pack? Thank God we had a bye last week to rest up :wink_smile: .

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Well, I can only hope that Hondo will still talk to me after my Dawgs take care of the "War Eagle" between the hedges tomorrow and yes, I will be wearing black tomorrow.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Well, I wish I could say I was a Football Fan but, I really have not enjoyed a game ever since the Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburg Steelers played their famous Superbowl Game sometime in the mid seventies. It was Roger Staubach against Terry Bradshaw. I remember watching that game and I have to admit, that it sure was a great game. I loved all the hype that went with it starting a good two or so months before it was played. All I can say is, that those were the days of watching some great Football. :-))

I sure do miss watching players like: the above mentioned as well as #41 Charlie Waters, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, "Refridgerator" Perry etc etc.:thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo, I'll agree with you that football was just soooo much better back then than it is now. The players just seemed to be so much tougher. I used to enjoy the rivalry between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Oakland Raiders. Terry Bradshaw and Kenny Stabler. Now those were the good times in football.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Well, I wish I could say I was a Football Fan but, I really have not enjoyed a game ever since the Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburg Steelers played their famous Superbowl Game sometime in the mid seventies. It was Roger Staubach against Terry Bradshaw. I remember watching that game and I have to admit, that it sure was a great game. I loved all the hype that went with it starting a good two or so months before it was played. All I can say is, that those were the days of watching some great Football. :-))

Just a bit of trivia - this was the game that the filmmakers of "Black Sunday" used for the finale of the movie.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• gt12pak,

Congratulations on the big big win yesterday. It was a beating that we got and it did sting a lot. You played like champions and I take my hat off to you. I think we tigers should have worn the black. We we definately beaten black and blue.

I guess we'll wait til next year. Go Dawgs!!!!

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke "beaten like a wet rug" Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Ringo, I'll agree with you that football was just soooo much better back then than it is now. The players just seemed to be so much tougher. I used to enjoy the rivalry between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Oakland Raiders. Terry Bradshaw and Kenny Stabler. Now those were the good times in football.

Hi GT, same here. And speaking of Ken "the snake" Stabler. Did I ever mention that I still have an opened Pepsi Cola can that is painted a blueish color and has something to do with Kenny Stabler. This can was in the days when sodas came in steel cans instead of aluminum cans. :teeth_smile:

• Glad you're still talking to me Hondo. It appears that offense has finally gotten together. The only thing is Tennessee controls their own destiny, not us. GRRRRR.

Ringo. I wouldn't advise smashing one of those steel cans upside your forehead. :wink_smile:

Hi Jay, it does look like Brett Favre has found his second wind. We'll know in a couple of weeks when they play Dallas.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Just a bit of trivia - this was the game that the filmmakers of "Black Sunday" used for the finale of the movie.

Hi Jay, thanks for letting me know. For quite awhile I have hesitated buying that movie-now it's a clincher and I will get a copy. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Glad you're still talking to me Hondo. It appears that offense has finally gotten together. The only thing is Tennessee controls their own destiny, not us. GRRRRR.

Ringo. I wouldn't advise smashing one of those steel cans upside your forehead. :wink_smile:

Hi Jay, it does look like Brett Favre has found his second wind. We'll know in a couple of weeks when they play Dallas.

Maybe that's whats wrong with me - smashed too many steel cans into my forehead when I was younger :wink_smile: :teeth_smile: NOT. :wink_smile:

• Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu

• Okay, I can handle that, just hope that Kentucky doesn't beat Tennessee and Lsu has to face them DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! woof woof woof woof woof!!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Okay, I can handle that, just hope that Kentucky doesn't beat Tennessee and Lsu has to face them DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! woof woof woof woof woof!!!!!!!

Did you mean, that you hope Kentucky beats Tennessee?

Looks like rival weekend, and them Tigers are meeting up with the tide. I'll put my money on the Tigers, but it depends on which team shows up. This has been a weird season. We also see Tech playing host to the Dawgs. And many others out there.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• for anyone who is into soccer beckhams US team are coming down under to play a Syndey team cant remember which one they will play on our tuesday

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Did you mean, that you hope Kentucky beats Tennessee?

Looks like rival weekend, and them Tigers are meeting up with the tide. I'll put my money on the Tigers, but it depends on which team shows up. This has been a weird season. We also see Tech playing host to the Dawgs. And many others out there.

Cheers :cool:

Hondo, what I meant was that if Tennessee beats Kentucky, then LSU will have to play the Volunteers, BUT if Kentucky beats Tennessee, then LSU will have to face the DAWGS and did anyone just catch the LSU, Arkansas game? I DID!!!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hondo, what I meant was that if Tennessee beats Kentucky, then LSU will have to play the Volunteers, BUT if Kentucky beats Tennessee, then LSU will have to face the DAWGS and did anyone just catch the LSU, Arkansas game? I DID!!!!!!!!

What a game it was!!

• gt12pak, got what you mean. A little slow here!

Did you catch the Tennessee/Kentucky game!? Now that was something else! What a game!!!!! 4OT's in that game and looks like Tennessess is the SEC east chanps. That LSU/Arkansas game was something else. Man do we beat each other up! We are having the conference championship with two teams with two conference losts. Could you imagine that?

And is this a weird season? I mean Hawaii could be the only undefeated team after this weekend. You figure!

Man, I'm getting nervous about my game with the Tigers and the tide. Just bragging rights here and a game winning streak to 6. WAR EAGLE!!!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote