Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 141,731 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I hope someday SOON my Seminoles will get back on track!! ARG

Tough loss last night. Man that Tim Tebow looks like a Heisman QB. Let's see someone beat Florida earlier in the year. Hmmmm, just who was that now???? :wink_smile:

Hondo, it seems your Tigers are back in the top 25 and my Dawgs have slipped up to fourth!!!!!:teeth_smile: Crazy thing is, the highest rated SEC team won't be playing for the SEC championship :vomit: . But, if Mizzou and West Virginia could somehow, someway lose, then my Dawgs might have a shot at the national championship!!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• CanNOT believe what I just saw tonight. No's 1 and 2 got beat tonight!!!!! Ohio State will be in the championship game, but will my DAWGS????? I would LOVE to get a shot at OSU!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• beckham and the LA Gallaxy played the Sydney FC and lost final score SFC 5 & LAG 3, they went to new zealand and beat wellington dont know the score. the sydney game was a good game except for one of the LAG blokes who decided to use his studs on one of the SFG's wrist when he was down, red carded he was. beckham played a good game and he scored one of their goals for them from a penalty and he bent it. he also played for the entire game had a scare early on as he was taken down by a SFC bloke, he tried to stop but the paddock was slippery and he just went on sliding into beckham.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Just want to reiterate that the Dallas Cowboys are tops in the NFC East (for those of you who may not have noticed - he he:laugh: ) with an 11-1 record. If the Giants lose today, there is no way that they can challenge the Cowboys for NFC East supremecy.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• I'm not particularly into football, but while I was working in the kitchen late Saturday afternoon, the Stanford - Cal Berkeley game was on the radio (the station that I usually listen to . . . I was too lazy to change the dial :shades_smile:). That game represents a HUGE rivalry that is over a hundred years old. Cal was hoping for the win and a shot at championship, but to no avail - Stanford won, 20 - 13.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• CanNOT believe what I just saw tonight. No's 1 and 2 got beat tonight!!!!! Ohio State will be in the championship game, but will my DAWGS????? I would LOVE to get a shot at OSU!!!!!!

I can't believe that your dawgs missed out on the championship. That is a bummer, but you can at least say that you are going to play the only undefeated team in the nation in the Sugar Bowl. I am sure that you will beat them, but who knows. This has been a very weird season. And my Tigers are going the Atlanta to play Clemson on New Year's Eve. I'll at least don't have to get up too early on New Year's morning to watch them play as I have over the past couple of years.

Sorry about that stupid rankings, but I've been there too in 2004, and we were undefeated.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Go Vikings, 5 in row!!!

I think we are just pretenders but its nice to see them doing better after the way the season started....

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Maybe, but I think Adrian Peterson is gonna be something special.

You might be correct there gt but unless our QB becomes a new guy I think we might be a few years off from a serious run.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• As the NFL gets ready for the playoffs in a couple of weeks, looks like New England is unstoppable, but that seems to be true when teams are undefeated in the past except for the Dolphins in 1972. They loose early in the playoffs and the unexpected seems to happen. I'm still thinking that the Colts will repeat. We'll see. I'm still for the Titans.

As for college, I guess I'm for LSU.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• LSU???? AUGH! I would have LOVED to have gotten a shot at those guys. I just wonder what would have happened if the No. 1 and 2 team had lost in the middle of the season and my Dawgs were #4 then.

Anyway, I never would have thought that I would have been disappointed in a Sugar Bowl appearance. It is what it is and for what it's worth, BRING IT ON HAWAII!!!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• LSU???? AUGH! I would have LOVED to have gotten a shot at those guys. I just wonder what would have happened if the No. 1 and 2 team had lost in the middle of the season and my Dawgs were #4 then.

Anyway, I never would have thought that I would have been disappointed in a Sugar Bowl appearance. It is what it is and for what it's worth, BRING IT ON HAWAII!!!!!!!!

I guess you know how I felt back in 2004, and we were undefeated. I know how you feel as well. We went to the Sugar Bowl as well, and victorious in our game. I'm pulling for you. Maybe you can be #1 by some mysterious way.

- John Wayne quote

• I caught part of it. I was mainly watching the AlamoBowl with Penn State and Texas A&M. Normally I would root for A&M, but because it was a special time for Paterno and it was the 500th game he coached, I went the other way.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Caught most of the game, and thought it was going to the Giants. I watched some of the Penn State/A&M game as well. And forgot to catch the rest of the pro game. Of course I am very interested in the Titans/Colts game tonight. If the Titans win, they go to the playoffs. So, root for the Titans.

Oh, did I tell you that I am pulling for the Buffaloes tonight?

- John Wayne quote