Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 140,515 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You're right, Stumpy!

As a professional voice teacher/choral conductor, I can't stand to hear "celebs" butcher TNA like that.

Her voice has ALWAYS sounded like a moose caught in a bear trap...

I can't stand celebs period, Tennessee.

But you're right; her voice is terrible.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Not only did she have a terrible-sounding voice but she goofed the lyrics.
    Maybe she'll lose those Grammy awards. :wink_smile:

I can't stand anyone that tries to put an individual stamp on the National Anthem. It should be sung straight because it is sacred.
    She, at the very least, rendered it in a horrible manner and, like you said Jim, she sounded terrible with a voice that was wobbly and screechy.:dead::thumbs_down::rant:
    Since she wasn't able to do a good job, why did she accept the invitation to sing?

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Edited 2 times, last by Jay J. Foraker ().

• Agreed, she really got exposed for a lack of talent, big time. The Star Spangled Banner is a tough song to sing, and if you don't have the chops to sing it, leave it alone. And then she repeated the words? Lame.

Not to brag, but we here in Buffalo have, in my opinion, the best anthem singer currently singing anywhere in the country, and as far as I know, the only one I've ever heard who still sings to live organ accompaniment. His name is Doug Allen and he sings the anthems for the Sabres games. No frills, no American Idol nonsense, just classic.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Agreed, she really got exposed for a lack of talent, big time. The Star Spangled Banner is a tough song to sing, and if you don't have the chops to sing it, leave it alone. And then she repeated the words? Lame.

Not to brag, but we here in Buffalo have, in my opinion, the best anthem singer currently singing anywhere in the country, and as far as I know, the only one I've ever heard who still sings to live organ accompaniment. His name is Doug Allen and he sings the anthems for the Sabres games. No frills, no American Idol nonsense, just classic.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

He's good, that's for sure. I also liked the fact that members of the audience sang along with him. To me, that indicates patriotic fervor and in these days, that's a good thing [regardless of what the New York Times and Washington Post say. :wink_smile:]

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Been a while since I been here so I figured I'd start with an old post of mine. Who y'all got in tbe super bowl? I ain't got a dog in this fight but I think the patriots will win. Let the arguments begin.........lol

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Being a Baltimore Ravens fan, I loath the Patriots. I do not like the Seahawks either, so I have trouble deciding who to root for. One thing I do know...the balls will be inflated correctly for this game. lol. I hate to admit it, but I believe the Patriots will pull this one out.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I live in New England. So i guess that tells U who my team is! I don't hate the Ravens, there a tough team! That playoff game took years off my life!!! Seahawks will be tough too! But, if there is any weakness at all on the part of the Seahawks, The Wizard! ( Bill B.) will find it and make them pay! DO YOUR JOB!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!

• My wife is an Eagles fan, Bill. She grew up in Delaware. She just hope she lives long enough to see them win a Super Bowl. She and the Eagles have suffered long enough. lol

Mark

• I am a Ravens fan, and thus HATE the Patriots. So, with all the rooting I got to give, I'm on the Falcons band wagon! Go Falcons!

Mark

• Cowboys and Patriots fan here. I guess that kinda makes me a outlaw, huh? Suffice to say the Pats have had to carry the load that the Cowboys can not seem to manage themselves. Looks like we'll have a down year coming up since Jones incredibly got rid of our entire secondary. Pats have simply reloaded. I wouldn't put it past the possibility they will go undefeated this season. They really built up their defense and have even MORE weapons to their offense. Incredible.