Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 140,539 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, for us Falcon fans, things just keep going from bad to worse. Vick has his problems so there goes our starting QB, now I guess I'll hafta support Harrington and now Shockley is out for the year so as far as I know, we only have 2 QB's to start the season with. Maybe I'll just stick with college football for one year.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• He looked pretty good as well. But I've seen this all before. He usually does good in preseason, but he's not so good when the regular season starts, so I guess we'll see in two weeks.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• If Harrington does what he did when he was a Lion you guys are in big trouble. As a Viking fan we always looked forward to playing the Lions when he was the QB.

Come to think of it we look forward to playing the Falcons cause he is now your QB!!! hehehehe!! We shall see on Sept. 9th.......

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Yeah, for some reason a running QB has always given the Vikes a hard time. I remember a game against the 49er's when Steve Young played for them and they had him almost sacked liked 3 times and almost tackled like 5 times and he made it to the endzone after runnign 70 yards, maybe more!!

Its too bad about Vick, but hey, you have that much money and you are that stupid. You deserve to be caught, convicted and put it jail. What a idiot. I feel worse for the Falcon fans, the owner and Roger Goodell because he lied to all of them at first. Now you guys get to pick up the pieces and what's worse is I guarantee he will be back in the NFL within 2 years.

-John Wayne

• Not to mess with you Viper, but perhaps the best game I have ever seen was the championship game between the Falcons and the Vikings. Now that was a nail biter all the way through. If anyone had told me that we would win that game with all the firepower you guys had, I would have just laughed. I think I cussed my Falcons to win in that game!!!!:tooth: Yup, had to clean out my mouth after that game.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Aww man you had to bring that game up!!

That was a game that the team didn't lose, it was Denny Green, the coach who lost that one.

That moron had the guys playing loose all year and just airing the ball out every game then he gets to the championship game and does the direct opposite from what got the team there. That was the beginning of the end for him. What sealed Denny's fate was the 41-0 drubbing by the Giants in the playoffs a couple years later.

-John Wayne

• I happen to agree with you. Cris Carter, Randy Moss, Jake Reed. Cunningham had his choice of receivers to go to and I also thought that Green played it just a bit too conservative, but if Gary Anderson hadn't missed that field goal at the end of the game (he had not missed one all year if my memory serves me correct) you guys would have faced the Broncos. BTW, you think your team could've beat that Bronco team?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Yes you were correct about Anderson's miss. I guess he choked, but it should have never got to that point. Green should have been calling the big play all afternoon.

And no, I don't think it would have mattered who played them, Denver would have won. Elway was a man on a mission.

-John Wayne

• Can you feel it? Only one day left until the Saints meet the Colts!!!!:hyper:

Gotta also give props to the Georgia Bulldogs as they took care of business against a good Oklahoma State team. Georgia Tech looked good as well as they beat Notre Dame by 30 points!!!! Two powerhouses from the same state this year? We'll see!!!!

Sunday, my Falcons will face the Minnesota Vikings. I just wish I had more confidence in my team, but, well, let's see what happens.......:martini_shaken:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Can you feel it? Only one day left until the Saints meet the Colts!!!!:hyper:

Gotta also give props to the Georgia Bulldogs as they took care of business against a good Oklahoma State team. Georgia Tech looked good as well as they beat Notre Dame by 30 points!!!! Two powerhouses from the same state this year? We'll see!!!!

Sunday, my Falcons will face the Minnesota Vikings. I just wish I had more confidence in my team, but, well, let's see what happens.......:martini_shaken:

Could go either way gt, if the vikes can find a way to open the passing game alittle then it could be a long day for the Falcon's. If not then it will be a long day for the Vikes!!

-John Wayne

• Is it me, or did the Saints just lay down last night. I really wasn't for either team, (although the Saints loss does help my Falcons) but I was really expecting a better game than that.

Stay thirsty my friends.