Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 140,512 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I feel your pain Bill.

How can every team I cheer for lose??? First of all my Bulldogs lose again to that sorry Spurrier. Then the Falcons didn't even show up to play the Vikings.

Jay, remember what I told you about Matt Schaub? You guys are 1-0 with a won over the Kansas City Chiefs. I may become a Texan fan myself.

Lastly, with all of this going on, has anyone heard the news about the Patriots?????

Stay thirsty my friends.

• well my team is into the semis they just have to win their next game to be in the finals, way to go North Queensland COWBOYS

on to something else my nephew played in the finals with his AFL(Austrailan Football League) team and they won coming in from behind it was a hard fought game.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Joey,

I guess UCLA was, but did he have a favourite pro team?

UCLA??????

Considering that Duke was a former USC player, I would consider that highly unlikely. And, as far as Duke and pro sports go, the only thing I can remember is that I have seen several pictures of him wearing a L.A. Dodges baseball cap.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• UCLA??????

Considering that Duke was a former USC player, I would consider that highly unlikely. And, as far as Duke and pro sports go, the only thing I can remember is that I have seen several pictures of him wearing a L.A. Dodges baseball cap.

ooops!!! I meant USC!!!!! Doggone it!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Glad to see some people's teams are having some success. In Minnesota the college team is really bad and after last weekends debacle in Detroit, I don't have much faith in the Vikes turning in a good season.

Come on hockey!! Go Wild!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• my team has made it to the semis they play the Manly Seaeagles this weekend, hoping for a win then they play in the finals. go COWBOYS. by the way my team plays rugby league

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Let me see. My pro team lost and so did my college team last weekend. So I guess it was not a great weekend. And the team I hate won. So that was a wacked out weekend.

Hopefully things will get better this weekend, but if there is some good news from last week then the ole' high school won again 62-0. And ranked nationally number 3 this week! Not bad at all! Don't ask me how the ranking is done, I don't have a clue.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, the Bulldogs took care of business this week, but the Falcons lost one they should have won. Not one, but TWO missed field goals and guess what, we lost by 6 points. Needless to say, he has been cut and we've brought back Morten Anderson. Also, we seem to have reached an agreement with former Jaguars QB Byron Leftwich so I'm anxious to see how he does.

On another note, Jay, your Texans are at 2-0 and looking very good, buuuut, ya'll better bring it Sunday cause you got the Super Bowl champs to deal with!!!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• We'll see what happens with the Cowboys and Bears. The "Boys" looked pretty sharp against Miami last weekend.
    As for the Texans - they're looking pretty good right now! Maybe we'll have two good teams in Texas.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Man o man - I am looking forward to my Mountaineers breakin' out the ole can of whoop @$$ on East Carolina this weekend! At least that is what I am hoping and praying for! GO WVU! Hillbillies Rule! :stunned:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• What Time Is It? :ohmy:

It's Game Day!:afraid: (bump)

Get ready and get the beer :beer:and the pizza and Nachos. We are about to get to whup Butt. :punk:Well maybe you are.

I just hope we can hold on to the ball tomorrow night.:argue: Turned over the ball 18 times in three games. Not a good sign.:blow:

Cheer for your team, and hope you all win tomorrow.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, I'm glad you're an Auburn fan cause I would hate to cheer on my Dawgs to beat your team. Instead, I'll just cheer my team on to beat a-la-BAM-a.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Well, Texas A&M got whupped the other night by Miami.
    Strange how Miami got whupped in much the same manner a couple of weeks ago.
    With all of the University of Texas' personnel problems, I have a feeling they're going to get whupped on Oct. 5 at the big showdown with Oklahoma in Dallas.
    Not so cheers - Jay:ohwell:

"Not hardly!!!"