Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 141,412 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is absolutely and totally ridiculous. I remember 30 or 40 years ago, only 8 or 10 teams made it to post-season bowl games and now it seems like practically every team in the country plays in a bowl game. BTW, Mike, congratulations on your Tiger's great season.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Well my Ga Dawgs didn't have the best of years this year but we have at least made it to a bowl game and I think we will have a much better team next year.......In other news, my falcons have a chance to clinch home field IF we beat the saints Monday night. Go Falcons!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• What can I say but, WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Auburn Tigers are 13-0 and playing for the national championship in January against the Oregon Ducks. This will be a shoot out and I look forward to it very much.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

WAR EAGLE!!

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• This is absolutely and totally ridiculous. I remember 30 or 40 years ago, only 8 or 10 teams made it to post-season bowl games and now it seems like practically every team in the country plays in a bowl game. BTW, Mike, congratulations on your Tiger's great season.

I tend to agree with you Stumpy on this too. There are 35 bowl games, which makes 70 teams playing. That is over 60% of the college teams playing in post-season. What I think this is also ridiculous. The National Championship is being played on January 10th. They will take a 37 day break from playing. I think that is way too long.

Thanks Stumpy for the congrats on the Tigers. It was totally unexpected but I am pleased.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Seems like my opinion has company.

• THE PROBLEM I see with 35 games is 99% are on espn only. Too many people don't get to watch them if they don't have cable. My Oklahoma Sooners turned it around and finshed strong. We are blessed to have a coach Like Stoops a straight talker, no excuses, holds no punches man just like the Duke. Sooners National Champs in 2012 I guarantee it. Hows that for prophecy. My Dolphins stunk it up this year. I'm rerady for Hoops then baseball. PlaY BALL!!!

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• THE PROBLEM I see with 35 games is 99% are on espn only. Too many people don't get to watch them if they don't have cable. My Oklahoma Sooners turned it around and finshed strong. We are blessed to have a coach Like Stoops a straight talker, no excuses, holds no punches man just like the Duke. Sooners National Champs in 2012 I guarantee it. Hows that for prophecy. My Dolphins stunk it up this year. I'm rerady for Hoops then baseball. PlaY BALL!!!

35 or 40 years ago, I used to spend entire weekends watching both college and pro football but now, I try only to watch Big Red upon the rare occasions when their games are shown on network TV (I don't have cable or satellite since I'm not a big TV watcher).

I just don't enjoy the games like I used to, what with all the commercials and stupid rules imposed on the players.

While I'll admit that Stoops isn't a bad coach, I STILL miss Barry.

Hope you're a good prophet.

• Less than 24 hours before we see the National Championship Game. I am of course bias with my Auburn Tigers, but what do you see winning this game. I didn't follow the Ducks too much, and in my state and the SEC they will talk about the Auburn (both positive and negative {due to mainly Alabama}), so what are your predictions on this game?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

P.S. WAR EAGLE!!!

- John Wayne quote

• What a game! It is great to be an Auburn Tiger! War Eagle! Very confusing with titles, but there is a story to all of this. I will post those stories to you about our titles. AUBURN TIGERS get it done with a 22-19 score. Could have scored another score, but a win is a win. WAR EAGLE!

Cheers :cool: Hondo "WAR EAGLE" Duke Lane

- John Wayne quote

• What a game! It is great to be an Auburn Tiger! War Eagle! Very confusing with titles, but there is a story to all of this. I will post those stories to you about our titles. AUBURN TIGERS get it done with a 22-19 score. Could have scored another score, but a win is a win. WAR EAGLE!

Cheers :cool: Hondo "WAR EAGLE" Duke Lane

Congratulations, Mike - naturally, I wish my Sooners had done better than they did this season but since they didn't, it's great to see your War Eagles go undefeated.

I STILL wish college ball would go to a playoff system though. Just like they have in basketball or baseball. As always, money, via the bowl system, wins.

• Congrats to the Auburn Tigers on the national championship. Even though I'm a Georgia fan, I'm also an SEC fan and it's good to see the championship come to the SEC again.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Well, this is the big Superbowl week with all the hoopla that is involved.
    I'm on the fence between the Packers and Steelers. Hope it is a good game and neither team runs away in scoring.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Well, this is the big Superbowl week with all the hoopla that is involved.
    I'm on the fence between the Packers and Steelers. Hope it is a good game and neither team runs away in scoring.

Don't know where they came up with that woman who "sang" the national anthem but sure don't understand how she won those Grammy awards. I thought she butchered it.