Mickey Rooney appearance

There are 42 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 14,842 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm amazed he didn't die years ago, he was declared clinically dead following a huge heart attack in 1982.

Like Duke, Jerry Lewis is as hated as he is beloved.

• Ya know, it's a sad shame to hear certain things about hollywood personalities that I grew up watching. No disrespect to anyone posting about Jerry Lewis and Mickey Rooney. What I mean is, is that I am shocked to hear that they and people like Henry Fonda; really seem to have a "dark side" if you know what I mean?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ya know, it's a sad shame to hear certain things about hollywood personalities that I grew up watching. No disrespect to anyone posting about Jerry Lewis and Mickey Rooney. What I mean is, is that I am shocked to hear that they and people like Henry Fonda; really seem to have a "dark side" if you know what I mean?

Ringo,
    I agree, I also think it's a sad shame that some people seem only interested talking about the negative things that some great actors may have in their past. Trying to disk them with one cheap shot after another. Not that some may not deserve it. :teeth_smile:

Chester :newyear:

Yes I know exactly what you mean, Ringo. I read a book about Jimmy Stewart and he certainly had his dark side as well.

• Again this is beginning to read like a "who farted" routine. What do you mean dark side? Did he have a good suntan from his holidays? What book? What did it say?

To be honest most actors/actresses have so many insecurities and are so concerned about how they look and what people think of them that you would not want to be in a city with them let alone a room.

I base my assessments primarily on what films they do not what they do in their private life.

Mike

• Hi Mike, what I meant by "Dark Side" was only that he apparently was much unlike in private than what his public image was. No more-no less ;-))

Also, I was not bashing anyone for talking about this and I think I have been mis-understood? All my intention was, was to point out that (and speaking for myself only) I was not aware of the apparent fact that, Jerry Lewis and Mickey Rooney (and now including Henry Fonda and James Stewart) all seemed to be some kind of a jerk - in private-though they (in public) wwere all supposedly - great people. ;-))

For me, it was a shock to learn something like this about these four actors. Something I never would have suspected. Now do you see what I mean? ;-D

• Well Duke I read an excellent bio of Stewart by Donald Dewey, published in 1996, which revelead the actor was a racist who supported the McCarthy witch hunts and had an actor fired just for being black. He also fell out with director Anthony Mann pretty disgracefully. After all that I could never look at Stewart the same.

• Well Duke I read an excellent bio of Stewart by Donald Dewey, published in 1996, which revelead the actor was a racist who supported the McCarthy witch hunts and had an actor fired just for being black. He also fell out with director Anthony Mann pretty disgracefully. After all that I could never look at Stewart the same.

Cole,
    I hardly know where to post this comment, but here is as good as anyplace, I suppose.

It seems that everywhere you post, you leave a trail of negativity through your comments. You are either putting down something or someone, or sharing generally unsubstantiated "dirt" about celebrities.

None of us is blind or stupid, and we all realize that movie stars are not perfect and have their faults, we just don't choose to dwell on the negative here. What is the point? If that is what you enjoy, go hang out at the IMDb message boards - they seem to thrive on that kind of stuff. You'll find many people there that share your perspective. As DukePilgrim suggested elsewhere, maybe you could contain all your negativity in a designated thread in Off Topic Discussions so that those of us that aren't interested could easily avoid it. As it is right now, it seems that almost everywhere I go lately, I encounter your negative comments, and it is getting tiresome.

Chester :newyear:

• Chester, this ColeThornton person is the same nut from IMdB who spends every waking moment flooding the boards over there with negative posts about Duke and Jimmy Stewart. Among other things, he has said was that Duke and Stewart were racists, that Duke was a Nazi, and that Duke deserved to die of cancer.

He has had over thirty accounts deleted on IMdB (he has been known over there as TheLeft, JessBirdwell, BenTrane, CliveJohnson, LinkJones, and OliverIsTheBest, among others), and after single-handedly ruining the IMdB boards he has now come over here with the intent of ruining this board as well. This troll has in the past stated repeatedly on IMdB that he/she/it was a registered user on this board. I think now we all know who it is. It can change its user name, but not its writing style.

I hope the moderators here take a strong, swift stand here and delete this troll's account permanently. This person is NOT a John Wayne fan, and this board will suffer as long as it is allowed to remain and poison the discussions on this great site.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Chester, this ColeThornton person is the same nut from IMdB who spends every waking moment flooding the boards over there with negative posts about Duke and Jimmy Stewart. Among other things, he has said was that Duke and Stewart were racists, that Duke was a Nazi, and that Duke deserved to die of cancer.

He has had over thirty accounts deleted on IMdB (he has been known over there as TheLeft, JessBirdwell, BenTrane, CliveJohnson, LinkJones, and OliverIsTheBest, among others), and after single-handedly ruining the IMdB boards he has now come over here with the intent of ruining this board as well. This troll has in the past stated repeatedly on IMdB that he/she/it was a registered user on this board. I think now we all know who it is. It can change its user name, but not its writing style.

I hope the moderators here take a strong, swift stand here and delete this troll's account permanently. This person is NOT a John Wayne fan, and this board will suffer as long as it is allowed to remain and poison the discussions on this great site.

Sorry but I have never been a member of the imdb or any other film site. That book has been published for 11 years, I'm sure many others have read it.

• I've never read it let alone never heard of that book. If it exists, i'll never look for a copy to read it. That said, I HIGHLY doubt that James Stewart was a racist. >:-((

• Yes I was hoping somebody here could prove to me that he wasn't. Perhaps "racist" was too strong a term, maybe I should have just said "prejudiced" instead. The thing is though that the author quoted two of Stewart's closest friends who said he was always uncomfortable around black people. One of them suggested it was because he had lived almost all of his life in either Indiana or Beverly Hills, and so had no understanding of another race's problems.

I guess that since James Stewart was born in 1908 it may be a generational thing. My grandfather, born in 1924, is slightly racist but he is a good man nonetheless who has been married for 61 years, he started working when he was 14 and even after he retired at 67 he kept going back for a further two years when his firm needed extra help. I just accept the fact that he is from a different time and people probably related to each other differently during his formative years.