The Alamo (1960)

There are 624 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 520,290 times. The latest Post () was by andre cremers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Y'all are making me want to get out the copy of The Alamo I have , and watch it again. Can't remember for sure , but think I recorded it off a
    satellite dish , 10 foot, back before they started encrypting everything . But, it was recorded on VHS , and they always appeared grainy when played , or recorded onto DVD. Maybe I'll look around for the DVD , even if it's not Blu-ray , it's probably better than the copy I've got ! Time is a problem, too. It's a pretty long movie, isn't it? Hard to find time to watch it at a single sitting.

• We're now in Day 4 of the Alamo Siege. I took my Saturday morning to re-watch Wayne's "The Alamo"

Despite being a bit long winded and the historical discrepancies, I love this movie and wish I could visit Alamo Village.

"Republic. I like the sound of the word. Means that people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat."

• I bought a laser disc of the Alamo and had it copied to DVD.
    Now i have a 202 minute version of it.
    The Laser Disc sleeve has a big beautiful picture on it.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• I love this movie and tend to watch it over and over again! Even though I have a hard time watching Crockett's "ending" I really enjoy the fact he goes out with a bang. :)