Richard Widmark

There are 56 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 42,069 times. The latest Post () was by BILL OF PA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

Nice choice of films. The Garden of Evil especially with a great cast. I watched it on TV a couple of months ago, the first ime I had seen it since the 1950s on the big Cinemascope screen.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Len, I have to agree with you that he was great in Alvarez Kelly. I don't have it on DvD yet but, sometime hopefully in the next few months I will ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Arthur, I remember that film well, after murdering someone he came out with a real crazy laugh

Good part for him, I have read at home he was a real dedicated family man

Watched a documentary about him not long ago and he came across as a real decent fella

• VERY sad, sad news. Widmark was a great actor and kept me entertained for many an hour watching him in such great movies such as: Kiss of Death, Warlock, Garden of Evil, Judgment at Nuremberg, Time Limit, The Last Wagon, Yellow Sky, Pickup on South Street, The Long Ships, The Tunnel of Love, No Way Out, The Street with No Name, Don't Bother to Knock, The Bedford Incident, O. Henry's Full House, The Frogmen, The Way West, Panic in the Streets, Broken Lance, Halls of Montezuma, Cheyenne Autumn, Night and the City, Madigan, How the West Was Won, The Alamo (of course!!!), and many. many more.

A bona fide star and leading man in three decades (40's, 50's, 60's and even into the 70's). Shame he never won an Oscar (why the Academy didn't give him an honorary one before he died is a mystery).

R.I.P. Mr. Widmark, we're all sorry to lose you.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I heard this afternoon of the death of Widmark, and wasn't aware that he was 93 years old. Shouldn't be surprise, but it seems when you see the movies he did, he just couldn't be that old, but Duke is 100, and that makes Mr. Widmark 7 years younger which I know that's right.

Sorry to hear about another great one, but he did have a full life and sorry to hear that his illness was long and I know hard.

RIP Richard Widmark.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• we are loosing them like flies this year, while he had a long life his parting causes sweet sadness. may he have happy times where he is heading

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Though he only made one film with Duke ("The Alamo"), and reportedly there was some anamosity on the set, he stood out in the film.
    R.I.P. Richard Widmark - we'll continue to enjoy the portrayals you have left us.:cry2:
    Cheers - Jay

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• That is such a shame, another legend gone, they don't seem to make them the same these days, do they?? I loved him in 'The Alamo' and 'The Way West' (& many others, of course). He left us some good stuff to remember him by!!

Anita & Boz

• I always liked Widmark.

Somewhere I read he and Wayne met at a party and didn't like each other. He hired him for The Alamo at the suggestion of John Ford and they didn't get along.