Wagon Train (1957-1965)

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 29,945 times. The latest Post () was by ward bond.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• OK, got it figured out, thanks to you, Keith. Whoever posted those two had them a bit mixed up, I believe. Anyway, I FOUND the fight scene where the Major after being pushed too far, almost killed the guy. Ward did all of the fight except for the long distance where it is clearly Terry Wilson.....shoot, he picked that BIG guy up like he was a puppet....strong man, Terry Wilson. Then, Terry stopped him and ended up having to shoot the man. That is in the top one you fixed and should be in Part 2. Fight starts about 25 minutes into it. The bottom movie at minute 10 shows Rainey getting off the stage and Seth arranging to take her on the train.

If you look at The Beth Pearson Story around 13 minutes, you will hear Ward
    in the hospital bed talking to Bill and Wooster. Around 13:24 you will hear a completely different voice narrating the story. It says Rainey had been living in Arizona with her sister and brother in law for two years. She heard of the WT passing by and sent a message for Seth to come, (not at ALL what the Major Adams Part 2 says). Ward's voice returns as he holds her as she dies and he cries as he tells her about the life they will have in CA. Didn't watch the rest this time, but I believe the voice comes in again when they are walking in the woods and perhaps another place or two. So, we can figure Ward completed all episodes with enough of him already in it except for the Beth Pearson story. Each year, he stops the Train and rides off to sit at her grave, remember, and talk to her. No one but Bill and Wooster knows where he goes....not even Flint.

So, don't imagine yall care about being clear on all of this.....but at least I am, and I am the one who needs to be, LOL. Thanks a lot for fixing the UTube links Keith. Strange, I have been doing them here and other places just fine....wonder what went wrong?
    Have a good one Keith, Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Ok I just joined a day ago.I saw a posting saying Bond had no say in casting on WT HE sure did He had great influence, Im writing a book on my hero,Im his biggest fan well known on IMDB YT and FB ,As historian let me say its been stated Bond had a say in casting , even some liberals despite liberal slants were allowed to appear due to their acting talents and my good friend radio film great Harry von Zell who who I knew thru 150 odd typed letters 1968-81 told me as good friend scriptwriter and sometimes a player on WT that Ward Bond who he knew for years had plenty to say on casting on WT Just wanted to set the record straight. Thanks Tomk