Clint Eastwood

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 63 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kevin.

• Re: Western Screen Legends- Clint Eastwood

JohnWayneFan4Life wrote:

It's a pity they never made a movie together but I guess Clint was too offended by Duke's criticism of High Plains Drifter.

Could be, thought I've never have heard any comments by Clint that would substanciate that. Chances are, their careers were like two ocean liners crossing the sea, pretty hard to turn to meet, each with different things on their plates every day.

Chester :newyear:

I bought a wonderful CD yesterday: Rawhides-Clint Eastwood sings Cowboy Favorites.

We all know from "Paint Your Wagon" and "Honky Tonk Man" that Clint can sing. On the CD You find some fine old country and cowboy songs recorded in 1963. Clint Eastwoods voice is real fine and reminds me of the great Marty Robbins (You can see them both singin´together in Honky Tonk Man). The Songs on the CD are slow and soft, maybe we could say in the style of the Sons of the Pioneers.

If You are interested have a look here:

amazon.com/Rawhides-Clint-East…sic&qid=1277542385&sr=1-1
      "Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

I never compared Clint Eastwood with John Wayne,I think they portrayed different types of the West.That is ,if that West ever existed?The people seemed to go for Mr.Wayne more than Mr.Eastwood but it would have been great to see them together.Its hard to predict who will be remembered most,but I think Duke Wayne has already aswered that question..

So do I! Eastwood and the Duke were real very different cowboy-actors and the made very different movies. I would say John Wayne portrayed more the kind of man, you want to have as a good friend or pardner, ride and fight with him side by side and after that have a good drink with him and meet some beautiful ladies. - I never had this feeling for the characters Eastwood played... Eastwood is more the tortured lonesome cowboy type and he doesn´t enjoy life like the characters the Duke played.
      "Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."
    • Re: Screen Legends- Clint Eastwood

Just watched probably the best of the Dirty Harry movies,
      Sudden Impact
      Somehow, Clint's part would not have suited Duke,
      who originally turned down the character.
      As Clint is still very much a living legend,
      I have also taken this opportunity to edit this profile,
      updating the Filmography and Trivia.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England