Have Gun - Will Travel (1957-1963)

There are 135 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 98,078 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just watched

Have Gun - Will Travel
    Sweet Lady of the Moon,

Featuring Harry Carey Jr. and Hal Needham

Have Gun - Will Travel
    The Eve of St. Elmo

Features George Kennedy

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Keith you've been watching alot of Have Gun- Will Travel lately so can I ask you (or anyone on here who's seen it) what it's like? I'm nearly finished Maverick and am looking for another Western series to replace it in my viewing when i'm done and am considering HGWT as it's easily obtainable. Do you think it's something I might enjoy?

• If I can but in here for just a second and say "Have Gun, Will Travel" is one of my all time favorite shows. A terrific blend of good acting, intelligent stories, some fine action all wrapped up in 30 minute programs. A true western classic.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• If I can but in here for just a second and say "Have Gun, Will Travel" is one of my all time favorite shows. A terrific blend of good acting, intelligent stories, some fine action all wrapped up in 30 minute programs. A true western classic.

Gareth as Phantomstranger says above,
    well worth watching, and one of the better TV Westerns.

Just watched
    Have Gun - Will Travel
    The Search

Have Gun - Will Travel
    The Posse

co-Starring Duke Pals
    Denver Pyyle as McKay
    Harry Carey Jr.as the Sheriff
    Ken Curtis as Curley
    and Hal Needham ... 3rd Posseman

Sometimes a b it silly,
    especially when Paladin escaped the noose!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks for the feedback guys it's much appreciated. I'll watch an episode or two and report back!

Gareth.........have seen the whole series two or three times, (first time was when it came out on TV, LOL). Too bad it wasn't an hour instead of just a half an hour......but they managed to get everything in without making it look "squeezed", LOL. Hal Needham, Dick's stuntman was responsible for teaching a more Shakespearian type man to look and act like a seasoned western expert in most everything. Dick coached Hal in acting. As Paladin had time in between his escapades, he attended opera, played chess and read everything he could get his hands on...........he also had been a West Point Graduate. Therefore, he was quite well versed in a great many fields. A person with a high IQ with a similar amount of time on his hands could well have accomplished the many things he did...........one thing that makes the series so interesting........far from boring as some of those types could be. I think you will really like it. One thing.......those of us who are fans are forever wondering why Paladin didn't have permanent brain damage from the repeated bashes to the head he received, LOL! Have a good one, Kiddo, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Thanks for the feedback guys it's much appreciated. I'll watch an episode or two and report back!

Gareth.........have seen the whole series two or three times, (first time was when it came out on TV, LOL). Too bad it wasn't an hour instead of just a half an hour......but they managed to get everything in without making it look "squeezed", LOL. Hal Needham, Dick's stuntman was responsible for teaching a more Shakespearian type man to look and act like a seasoned western expert in most everything. Dick coached Hal in acting. As Paladin had time in between his escapades, he attended opera, played chess and read everything he could get his hands on...........he also had been a West Point Graduate. Therefore, he was quite well versed in a great many fields. A person with a high IQ with a similar amount of time on his hands could well have accomplished the many things he did...........one thing that makes the series so interesting........far from boring as some of those types could be. I think you will really like it. One thing.......those of us who are fans are forever wondering why Paladin didn't have permanent brain damage from the repeated bashes to the head he received, LOL! Have a good one, Kiddo, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Just Watched

First Catch a Tiger
    Directed by Andrew McLaglen
    &
    Genesis
    Directed and starring William Conrad
    and featuring a young
    James Mitchum

Strange episode where Boone,
    plays three parts, himself twice
    and his Genesis, 'Smoke'

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Been watching this alot for the past year, and Boone is just a terrific Paladin. A couple minor complaints, Paladin looks a bit ridiculous when he goes into his fast-draw crouch. Glad that didn't carry over into all the episodes. Also, when Hal Needham takes over doubling Boone in action scenes, he's a bit too obvious. Suddenly Paladin gets a bit thinner, and far more agile than Boone. As one character commented as he watched Paladin a street brawl with 2 other guys, "he moves like a dancer"-which Needham DOES during the fight, since he does all of, except for a couple closeups of Boone. Acting-wise, no one could top Boone on the show.