Gunsmoke (1955-1975)

There are 35 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,910 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I had really hoped he would go more into his films and Gunsmoke-stories behind the scenes and such-VERY little in that regard so I found it disappointing.

• Last request...as I'm watchin Gunsmoke on the Western Channel....What is this "tenderfoot" shingle by my name...cause Im new?? THATS gotta go !! Or If Im a rookie then how long do I wait??...Thats like a handle like " Monsouier Regret"...wont tolerate it! Have a great nite all......The Lawman

A Man..should know how to handle a gun..Use it with Discretion...:cowboy:

• Last request...as I'm watchin Gunsmoke on the Western Channel....What is this "tenderfoot" shingle by my name...cause Im new?? THATS gotta go !! Or If Im a rookie then how long do I wait??...Thats like a handle like " Monsouier Regret"...wont tolerate it! Have a great nite all......The Lawman

Relax there, Marshall Troop. If you look at the other usernames, you'll see a different designation under each ones name. It all goes by the number of posts you've had on the site. The more you times you post a message, your title will rise. If you notice mine, I'm a Marshall because I've posted 569 times.

Edited once, last by WaynamoJim: added content ().

• Relax there, Marshall Troop. If you look at the other usernames, you'll see a different designation under each ones name. It all goes by the number of posts you've had on the site. The more you times you post a message, your title will rise. If you notice mine, I'm a Marshall because I've posted 569 times.

Thanks for mentioning this Jim,
    here below are the member's rankings:-

Rank... Post count

Tenderfoot... 0
    Pilgrim... 10
    Town Citizen... 50
    Town Council... 100
    Deputy Marshal... 250
    Marshal... 500
    Deputy Sheriff... 750
    Sheriff... 1000
    Deputy US Marshal... 1500
    US Marshal... 2000
    Territorial Governor... 2500
    State Governor... 3000
    Congressman... 4000
    Senator... 5000
    Vice President... 10000
    Co- President... 15000+

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Maybe the greatest actress ever made a guest appearance on "Gunsmoke", arguably, of course. Bette Davis. I have admired her since "The Petrified Forrest".

You guys have been far more steeped in these areas so I will ask, will anyone give me a line on the boot style, holster, and firearm Festus wears/uses?

I figure the gun is a GWA in .45 Colt, it appears to be a 4 3/4" version, the holster is an Arvo Ojala? What about the boots? Corrections are VERY welcomed.

I love "Gunsmoke" in both the Radio and Television versions.

Edited once, last by BillLongley: Can should be "will" ().

• Today I was watching "The Round Up", season 2 episode 4, 29 September, 1956. The resemblance to the real story of Hickok in Abilene and his shooting of Phil Coe and then his own deputy was uncanny.

Intense for a TV Western in 1956, IMO.

Superfluous post, just for entertainment value.

• Not sure Bill, but here is a sketch I did of him. Not the greatest but I had just begun to sketch people. There are three pages of sketches and text at: http://www.dukewayne.com/showt…=sketch+prizes#post118889 Ever heard him sing? Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Today I was watching "The Round Up", season 2 episode 4, 29 September, 1956. The resemblance to the real story of Hickok in Abilene and his shooting of Phil Coe and then his own deputy was uncanny.

Intense for a TV Western in 1956, IMO.

Superfluous post, just for entertainment value.

Yessir, that bit had to be a shock to fans of the show!

• Well, here is hoping it starts off a whole new western heyday. Perhaps it will get the young 'uns to care enough to watch the old ones....have to or one day, they will die. God forbid! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• "Railroad" one of the later episodes of the one-hour Gunsmokes. Hadn't seen it ina while, and wanted to catch it for the climatic fight between James Arness as Dillon against Railroad tycoon Cameron, played by Jim Davis. The fight ended up being along the lines of the Quiet Man fight, but too many reaction shots of townspeople, and too little of the actual fight, disappointed me. I think this episode came along when they were toning down the violence, and they really did!

• I recently got the 1-4 season dvd set and loved it. Id never seen and B&W episodes before.BTW--it was Leo Gordon who was shot in the opening gunfight-not the guy listed. There is photographic proof but I dont know how to post it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..