The Magnificent Seven (1960)

There are 112 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 123,104 times. The latest Post () was by Moonshine_Sally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks fellas. I know this dialogue by heart as well. Years ago we took a long drive with the kids and I thoroughly nauseated them by reciting the entire scene when Calvera rides into the village and confronts the seven. Even did different voices. Surprised they didn't jump from the car at high speed.
    Anyone wants to make the trip to western New York is welcome to bunk here and plow through my collection.
    Welcome back, Dooley. Missed you.
    I could post more stills, but was trying for a story in pictures effect and didn't want to bore everyone to death.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Oh, Be still my heart.......Charlie Bronson in all his glory. Bill, you are just unREAL! Thanks, LH Just hard to find guys like him anymore. Oh, they are there......but most are either taken or too much woodsmen to be taken. I WILL get one.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Denzel Washington replaces Tom Cruise in The Magnificent Seven

Denzel Washington is to replace Tom Cruise in MGM’s remake of the classic western The Magnificent Seven, about a crime-fighting guardian angel, according to US reports. Washington’s director on Training Day, Antoine Fuqua, will take charge of the cameras.

Fuqua confirmed the news in interviews at the Toronto film festival, where he is debuting The Equalizer. Washington takes the role made famous by Edward Woodward in the 1980s US TV series that inspired the modern remake.

Fuqua told Variety he was delighted to be working with Washington on a third project. “Denzel’s all about the work,” he said. “He’s all about the acting. He’s an actor. He’ll tell you himself, ‘I’m not a movie star, celebrity, something else, I’m an actor.’ He steps on a set that’s what he is and that’s what he gives you. He gives his heart.”

Cruise was previously attached to the new version of The Magnificent Seven, itself a remake of Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 Japanese tale Seven Samurai. John Sturges’s star-studded 1960 film centred on a ragtag group of Americans – Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter and Horst Buchholz – who are recruited to help defend a Mexican village against raiding bandits.

http://www.theguardian.com/fil…ise-the-magnificent-seven

It will be really violent. And they'll never top the Elmer Bernstein score.