Charles Bronson

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by yomper.

• Re: Screen Legends- Charles Bronson

Just watched, again! Death Wish 3 and Death Wish 4
      I like Charlie Bronson, and he was great in these movies.
      As director Michael Winner (DW 1, 2 & 3) said
      There's no moralistic side to Death Wish; it's a pleasant romp.

Charles Bronson rarely granted interviews, or commented on his own films.
      However, he plainly stated his unhappiness with DW 3 at least a few times,
      and was especially angered when he discovered that the director
      filmed extremely gory shots with extras (as nameless thugs) when he was off-set.
      It turned out to be his last movie with the director.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

Bronson made one his rare appearances to plug his movies on TV for the first "Death Wish". He was amazed that it was a hit because he felt that he was too scary looking to attract muggers. He said that if he saw himself coming down a dark New York street, he would cross to the other side.
      He wondered why Dustin Hoffman wasn't cast in the part.

We deal in lead, friend.

Anyone see the commercial he did for an aftershave? I think it was called "Macho"-maybe done for overseas. Looked like it was from the 70s, and it was REALLY bad. It's probably on youtube somewhere if anyone wants to take the time to look.

a great actor made some great films like jubal,run of the arrow,drum beat,apache,riding shotgun,the magnificent 7 and the great escape.not to much into his later film,but i taugh he was good in the death wish films.