The Big Country (1958)

There are 42 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 45,021 times. The latest Post () was by Moonshine_Sally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This film was shown on the BBC around Christmastime so I programmed it on my digi- box and finally made the time to watch it. I don't think I ever saw it before and after watching I know I haven't seen it before. But that music!!! OMW I recognized it so I must've heard it on the radio or whatever. It gave me goosebumps straight away. I didn't think it too long although I watched it in 2 goes. The love story was a little predictable and the main story too I guess. But it is one of the better westerns around (that I watched). Only thing is I've never been keen on Burt Lancaster and I'm afraid after watching this film I still don't like him. Gregory Peck, Chuck Connors and Jean Simmons where outstanding.

Hate to say it, Sally, but Burt Lancaster wasn't in The Big Country. You might be thinking of Charlton Heston.