The High Chaparral (1967-1971)

There are 32 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 26,449 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• If anyone is interested there is an authorized biography of Henry Darrow out, Henry Darrow: Lightning in a Bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb…d-keywords=henry%20darrow

The author of this book, Jan Pippens, responded to a query at IMDB about DVDs of High Chaparral being available,

Legitimate High Chaparral DVDs have been released from Kinowelt in Germany (all 4 seasons, with option to set language as the original actors' voices in English)and by a company in the Netherlands (1st season). The Kinowelt DVDs can be purchased on Amazon. Kinowelt quality is excellent - I have not seen the Dutch release but am told it is fine quality as well.

Edited once, last by may2 ().

• One of my FIVE classic tv westerns i used to watch as a kid. Every Week! The other four were: Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Big Valley, and The Wild, Wild, West!

• I posted this on the High Chaparral forum a few months back.

If anyone is interested there is an authorized biography of Henry Darrow out, Henry Darrow: Lightning in a Bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...henry%20darrow

The author of this book, Jan Pippens, responded to a query at IMDB about DVDs of High Chaparral being available,

Legitimate High Chaparral DVDs have been released from Kinowelt in Germany (all 4 seasons, with option to set language as the original actors' voices in English)and by a company in the Netherlands (1st season). The Kinowelt DVDs can be purchased on Amazon. Kinowelt quality is excellent - I have not seen the Dutch release but am told it is fine quality as well.

• A reminder that may2 posted this information a couple of posts ago,
    back in November, giving information about the DVD release.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I reposted this over on the Classic TV Westerns forum where someone had mentioned they wanted the DVD. Didn't mean to post it here. I guess I had too many windows open and got confused.

• I posted this on the High Chaparral forum a few months back.

I checked this out after you posted it, May, and if I remember correctly, the one-season price was almost a hundred dollars. I'm not willing to pay that much.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I've been watching numerous episodes of "High Chaparral" over the past month or so. Kinda disappointed as they're not as great as I remembered. That was one of my favorite TV Westerns back in the Sixties.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• On the Inspiration Channel, they show episodes of High Chapparal, along with Daniel Boone and The Virginian. You can check your cable/satellite company to see the channel number or if they carry it. Usually called The Insp Channel.

• ‘High Chaparral’ was a peerless TV show, one of many that had much the same setting - a family-run ranch. ‘Bonanza’, ‘The Virginian’, ‘Lancer’; all were good but HC was in a league of its own.

The tension between the brothers, Union Army veteran John and Confederate veteran Buck; the marriage of convenience with the daughter of the owner of the neighbouring (Mexican) ranch (the daughter played by the late, great Linda Cristal); the friendship between Buck and Victoria’s brother Manolito; the son Blue’s attempts to find his feet. All of these dynamics gave us a many-layered TV show, of greater depth than those other shows.

Soon to return to our screens, we hope.

Mano, on finding one of his old shirts: “Ah! If this shirt could talk, it wouldn’t talk! It would sing! Sing of all the senoritas it has held in its arms!”