The Dirty Dozen (1967)

There are 83 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 89,566 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Shifting gears a bit, the extras on the Dozen blue ray include a story about a table cast reading. Clint Walker - Sampson Posey - was supposed to play the bogus general at the jump school. Clint objected on the grounds that he didn't want a Native American to come across as an idiot and that he thought the scene was disrespectful. Director Aldrich looked around the table and said to Donald Sutherland - OK, you with the ears, you're a general.
    After the film was shot, Altman campaigned to have Sutherland's name and image in the ads, citing that Don had performed so greatly in the film. Consequently, several US ads feature Sutherland's face in the "grenade" image.

We deal in lead, friend.

Nice insight Gorch, I'm not sure if the same extras are on the UK blu ray, I'll have to dig it out and check!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Last night I saw thanks to TCM: The Dirty Dozen w/ Marvin, Borgnine, Ryan, Savalas, Bronson, Walker, Jaeckel, Cassevettes, Bronson, Sutherland, Kennedy, Webber and so many more. God I lone and never tire of that excellent movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• BTW, I know a dealer who sells semi-auto versions of the .30 cal for about $2,600. I would give my teeth for one of those.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..