Wanted: Dead or Alive (1958- 1961)

There are 36 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 35,335 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just bought the complete series on Amazon for $12.99. If you order $25. or more in merchandise stocked by Amazon, you get free shipping, plus there's no sales tax. I ordered a couple more Steve McQueen movies I've been wanting to bring my total over $25. so I beat your deal, Lt. B.

That was a darn good deal, but I can't complain really. It was worth the extra 3 dollars I payed to have immediate gratification.

• Speaking of: Wanted Dead or Alive, I just scored two original studio release photos in one auction. One of these is a great pic of Steve McQueen in that TV series. The other in the same lot, is of Steve McQueen in: Hell Is For Heroes. this one is agreat shot of him leaping over the trench parapet-with hisGrease Gun aimed at the Germans who had raiding that trench at night time.

I also have two more great pics from: Hell Is For Heroes. 1) Shows Haeey Guardino, Bobby Darin and Bob Newhart-2) shows Steve McQueen in a shellhole during the ending daylight attack scenes where they are charging that German Pillbox.

Also scored an original Lobby Card to: The Ten Commandments. This one shows Charlton Heston (as Moses) and Yul Brynner as the Egyptian Pharoah. I am gettinga minty LC from that movie for less than $10 bucks. Ive seen others from this movie start as LOW as $75 per lobby card.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Wanted:Dead or Alive was a spin off from the "Track Down" seres starring Robert Culp. Dead or Alive pilot was shown there.

• Back this last winter being home all day with my bad leg I watched all three seasons of this fine western show. I could not help but notice that McQueen got head on the head more times then Curly of the stooges.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Back this last winter being home all day with my bad leg I watched all three seasons of this fine western show. I could not help but notice that McQueen got head on the head more times then Curly of the stooges.

Heh heh, speaking of head-banging-George Murphy did that to Alfonso Bedoya (of: Treasure of the Sierra Madre, fame) and another Mexican actor whose name I dont know-0in a gem of a movie called: Border Incident which also stars Ricardo Montalban as a fellow Border Patrol Agent. I also saw another "Stooge" piece used by Humphrey Bogart where he used his index finger to zip up some guys chest to his nose-which I thought was hilarious for Bogie to do.

• Not a bad series but the cut down Winchester has always bothered me. The fact that the magazine may have held maybe 4 rounds and one in the chamber,McQueen always manages to get of 7 to 8 shots in a shoot out.The empties that fly into the air look like about .44-40 size but the rounds on his belt are probably 45-70's,almost twice as long as the 44-40. If he actually chambered the 45-70 rounds in the stubby rifle I doubt it would hold more than 2. In the modern tv series of the Magnificient 7 the one actor also uses a cut down Winchester. The McQueen legacy lives on...

Actually the gun held 6 rounds.And they are for sale now as pistols.
    Laramie

http://www.jbcustom.com/index.html

Edited once, last by Laramie ().

• Cant beat this deal. One of the few times Wallace Worlds scores a home run with me. I was there about a week or so ago and spent a whopping $2.50 for the first season of Wanted Dead or Alive. This was when I bought the 2-pack Jackie Chan Westerns, another 4 Westerns set, and King Arthur w/ Ioan Gruffudd. I think the total spent on DvD was about $20.00 A pretty good haul if i say so myself.

Anyway, just saw the fist 5 episodes from the series and found it to be pretty good. This 42.50 set is from mill Creek-which I normally shy away from buying anything from. I was surprised that apparently they might have put a little bit of money into the series as it sounds decent and appears pretty clean-not like their usual churned out by the zillions products.

Anyway, nick Adams and Michael Landon played brothers in the first episode. In the 5th ep-Alan Hale Jr (aka) the Skipper from Gilligan's Island-was in it.

• On going back through the discussion thread,
    I found this, so better served here

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England