My Darling Clementine (1946)

There are 39 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 50,704 times. The latest Post () was by colkid60.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• To me, it doesn't matter how many historical innacurasies there are in this movie. It is one of the best westerns ever made, a true classic.

I agree, It's hard to top Henry Fonda in a movie. He added a lot to every movie he was in.

Also thank you Lasbugus for the fine pictures- Viva La France!

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited once, last by colkid60 ().

• Yes, a favorite western of mine. Henry Fonda, for me the great Victor Mature, a heavy weight actor. Not quite like Duke or Fonda, but a fine actor. John Ford said:
    I knew Wyatt Earp and he did, but he made one of the most historically inaccurate movies then.
    I enjoy the scene with Henry Fonda sitting on the chair outside and his foot work on the post.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited once, last by colkid60 ().

• This is one of my fave westerns generally.As a ''Wyatt Earp film'' I put it second after John Sturges ''Hour of the Gun'' and above from George Cosmatos ''Tombstone''.This is one of John Ford's masterpieces for sure.I like Henry Fonda here and I'm sure Sergio Leone decided to hired him for ''Once Upon a Time in the West'' after watching this movie.He is very cool.My fave actor here is Ward Bond.Victor Mature's acting annoys me I find him exaggerated.Never liked that actor but this is just my opinion.

Break the law and he's the last man you want to see. And the last you ever will.

• Sergio Leone- Thank God, for Sergio and bringing back the western. Now I would have liked to have seen Duke and Sergio do a western together.

• "In his own way" Yes, in his own way, it had to be that way or it wouldn't have been so successful or good.
    His way was different and new. It gave us all those great Clint Eastwood westerns and then others got into the act.
    Like Eli Wallach, one of the best second banana's ever.

After at least 5 #178 posts, I finally go to post #179 on this one.

Edited 2 times, last by colkid60 ().

• Sergio Leone- Thank God, for Sergio and bringing back the western. Now I would have liked to have seen Duke and Sergio do a western together.

I don't think Duke would have ever mage a Leone western.
    Not his type of western.
    But it's food for thought.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I loved most of the actors in this film. Henry Fonda was one of the best actors ever.
    He raised the class of any movie he was in.
    Clementine is not very accurate despite John Ford personally knowing Wyatt Earp.
    It is a fine movie, i have it recorded on my system to watch again this summer.