Little House On The Prairie (1974-1983)

There are 35 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,334 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Jim , your wish is my command, I have edited my post for you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Keith. Don't know where you get all this great tv and movie music but I'm glad you do. Brings back some wonderful memories of better days.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• When I lived with my sister right after high school, we always sat down and watched this together - a cable channel had at least 2 episodes a day, and I did enjoy it. As it was said, though, I have to agree that they don't compare with the books (but what does, really?), but the show was fun just the same. And I don't think I could imagine anybody else as Charles. Michael Landon was wonderful.

• i still sit down and watch this now when i want to be transported back - can never get too much of the olesons or dr baker - such a happy programme

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• I watched the show a few years ago in Austria and I liked it, allthough it´s a little "sugary" and the world of the Ingalls is too happy and wonderful (there was another show with Michael Landon "Highway to Heaven" I would say the same about it...). But sometimes it´s nice to escape in a fictional world like this one for one hour.

My favourite seasons where 1-3 as Laura was young. As the child grew up, I think, the show lost some of its charme. And I liked Victor French as long as he was in the show. He was great fun! I will buy season 1-3 on DVD, so that I can watch it, whenever I need a little happy wonderful world on TV...

"Our little House on the Prairie" and "Highway to Heaven" where non-violent shows, and I think, sometimes we could need more of them.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().

• In the first season of "Wanted: Dead or Alive", Michael Landon appears in two of the episodes. He plays a bad guy in the first, which was sure a switch from "Little House".

It's true that "Little House" is a bit syrupy, but it's nice to imagine that everyone's life could be like that of the Ingalls. I know I wish my life could have been like that.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I was sorry to learn that Merlin Olsen is seriously ill with lung cancer. Although he wasn't a good actor he did seem like a nice man.

Wow, that's ashame. True, Olsen wasn't the greatest actor but, I liked him on Little House and we used to watch Father Murphy all the time. It was like he was a gentle giant. Peacable but, don't tick him off, or else.

• Wow, that's ashame. True, Olsen wasn't the greatest actor but, I liked him on Little House and we used to watch Father Murphy all the time. It was like he was a gentle giant. Peacable but, don't tick him off, or else.

Yes, what I should have written was he wasn't a particularly good actor, I thought he was an OK actor though. I did a search for information online and it seems he has mesothelioma, and is now suing NBC for apparently exposing him to asbestos. It seems strange that nobody else on the Little House developed the disease.

• Did John Wayne know Michael Landon?

Landon was also on Swing Out, Sweet Land, that was on NBC in 1971. It was an all star cast in tribute to America. You can get this on video with that title called, John Wayne's Tribute to America. Michael Landon and Dan Blocker do a scene together on this special.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote