Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 38 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wtrayah.

• Re: Classic War Movies- Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)

I was watching the movie again and one comment that really stood out was that the "Zero" was superior to both the "Spitfire" and "Me (Bf) 109". To be truthful how could a Japanese aviator compare them when he had never flown either aircraft, let alone off of an aircraft carrier for which neither aircraft was originally designed.
      Redcap
      RACMP - For the troops With the troops

Thank you again Keith, and I also found 23 300 Spartans stills, 5 more The Longest Day, and some others. I sent a message to the sellers on them to see if I can bid and if I win? pay by money order since I cant get a paypal account to work?
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Just wanted to note: The two P-40s destroyed on the ground during attack were shot using several cameras at different locations and were inserted at different points in the film to give the effect of more aircraft blown up.
      A similar device was used in "Bullitt" during the big chase. The Volkswagen is passed at least three times, but shot from different places to give the effect of a longer chase.
      Cheers - Jay:beer:
      "Not hardly!!!"

Bought a copy of Tora Tora Tora on Blu-ray and I'm watching it as I write this. So far, it is a visual feast. Picture is clear, crisp and looks like a totally new movie. There are numerous extras with it, plus you have a choice of watching the original theatrical version or the extended Japanese version, which is what I'm watching. It comes in a book style version that has pictures and text of the making of it and a brief biography of four of the actors, the two Japanese actors who played Yamamoto & Genda(the architect of the attack), and on Martin Balsam & Jason Robards Jr. who played Adm Kimmel & Gen. Short respectively.