Duke's TV Appearances

There are 29 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 37,675 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi everyone.

Couldn't see reference to this already so thought I would alert you all. On saturday TV on BBC 2 in the UK there was a BBC tv show called "Talking Pictures"

It was a retrospective of Duke's career - not really any info but it used long sections of interviews he gave to UK sources.

A longer section of the Parkinson interview that I have ever seen from 1974 - about blacklisting and Nixon etc

A sit down Interview re the "Alamo" when it opened in London -

Some general conversation about his career on the set of "Chisum"

a longish interview and camercrew following him in Chicago for an awards presentation and from the "Shootist" set on to the Wild Goose with some of the Kids.

I know it has passed but is available on demand via the UK BBC i player.

Not sure if our non UK friends can access the i player from overseas but just thought i would put it out there.

Best regards

Durhamcowboy

• Hi Arthur. No problem.
    Don't know If you have sky plus or hd but then you can hook it up to Internet and then use the sky on demand service and access i player and save it.

If not I might be able to help

All the best

• Unfortunately, the show is not available to us here in the States. It's only available to those in the UK. If anyone has a region free DVD of the show, I'd sure like to see it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I watched the show earlier and it was great, especially the parts of Duke on The Wild Goose talking about family and his beliefs, was nice to see him relaxed and peaceful at was obviously a hard time in his life with his health failing and such. Parkinson came across really badly in the interview I thought, clearly came across as out to get Duke with an agenda and did all he could to make him seem foolish.

• I think if you register you can watch it here Bob http://brittv.co.uk/play.php?t=45571

Thanks Duke! That was a great show. I wonder if they will put it on DVD for sale? I wasn't able to download it or record it, just watch it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.