General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,135,626 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jul 15 2006, 04:53 PM
    I thought Red's performance in "Sayonara" was outstanding, so much so that I left the theater bawling. :lol:

I was stationed in San Diego when "Sayonara" was first released. My best buddy and I went to see the movie, about six sheets to the wind. We were sitting in the balcony boo-hooing when the theater manager came and asked us to leave. So we left, went to the nearest water-hole and drowned our tears. :lol:

[snapback]33019[/snapback]

Stumpy your a man after my own heart I wish I was around back then to be watching all these great movies as they were released and having one hell of a time these days they throw you in jail for that.

However I am a regular at this theatre they only play classic and art films it is like going back in time. check it out below if anyone is local maybe I will see you there you can request movies does not always happen sometimes though.

http://www.baytheatre.com/table_page.htm

RIP Red Buttons and June Allison

:cowboy:

NOT THE BRANDY YOU DOPE!

• Hello all
    Hey Ringo I don't know all that much about Arnold. I worked on a set in the film the 6th day and he was walking around between shots and looking relaxed and I heard that he had 6 bodyguards but that they were not shadowing him to closely, as it seemed like there was no need. He seemed like a calm fellow who was just enjoying the freedom to be in groups of extras and production people without having to worry about some nutbar spoiling things. Then when he was running for Gov in California he seemed to be outspoken about work being done in BC. Most of most films could be shot without leaving California but the bottom line is profit and the unions are more established south of 49. This means that production costs can be less. For this reason there will most likely always be some American funded productions done outside the Country. As BC is only a few hours by plane from LA where many actors make their home, it is possible for them to fly home for the weekends. The percentage of dollars spent in BC is very small and staying that way. I see the issue of keeping work in the states as a Red Herring designed to sound good but not expected to achieve anything except a few more votes for Arnie. I enjoy several of his movies and that won't change but his painting of the local film industry here in BC as a threat seems weak to me.

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@Jul 22 2006, 02:03 PM
    Hello all
    Hey Ringo I don't know all that much about Arnold. I worked on a set in the film the 6th day and he was walking around between shots and looking relaxed and I heard that he had 6 bodyguards but that they were not shadowing him to closely, as it seemed like there was no need. He seemed like a calm fellow who was just enjoying the freedom to be in groups of extras and production people without having to worry about some nutbar spoiling things. Then when he was running for Gov in California he seemed to be outspoken about work being done in BC. Most of most films could be shot without leaving California but the bottom line is profit and the unions are more established south of 49. This means that production costs can be less. For this reason there will most likely always be some American funded productions done outside the Country. As BC is only a few hours by plane from LA where many actors make their home, it is possible for them to fly home for the weekends. The percentage of dollars spent in BC is very small and staying that way. I see the issue of keeping work in the states as a Red Herring designed to sound good but not expected to achieve anything except a few more votes for Arnie. I enjoy several of his movies and that won't change but his painting of the local film industry here in BC as a threat seems weak to me.

[snapback]33117[/snapback]

Hi Kilo, you know more about the Governator than I do ;-)) I happen to agree with what you said though--especially about the "all money" part.

I wonder if he still smokes Cigars?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jul 27 2006, 06:06 PM
    I always enjoyed Red Buttons' portrayal in "Hatari" - he was such an enjoyable actor.
    Cheers - Jay :D:D:D

[snapback]33240[/snapback]

I'd forgotten that he was also in Hatari. :headbonk: I watched that just last week and did enjoy him in it.

• Gordon Scott played Tarzan in 5 films. He passed away on April 30. He was born and raised in Portland, Oregon.

Rest in Peace Gordon. I saw and enjoyed you as Tarzan years before I saw Weismuller as Tarzan. You will be missed. :ohwell:

• Rest in Peace Tarzan! I wonder who will be number three? They seem to happen in threes.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Gordon Scott, R.I.P.. He was, other than Johnny Weissmuller, the best Tarzan of the bunch. "Tarzan's Greatest Adventure" is thought to be, in some quarters, the best Tarzan movie ever. It also boasts a very young Sean Connery playing a heavy.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Gordon Scott, R.I.P.. He was, other than Johnny Weissmuller, the best Tarzan of the bunch. "Tarzan's Greatest Adventure" is thought to be, in some quarters, the best Tarzan movie ever. It also boasts a very young Sean Connery playing a heavy.

Thanks Jay, I had not known that and will be something to look for next time this movie is played.

And by now, we know who the 3rd one is :-((

• Actor/stuntman,actor

Both Arthur Hill and Roy Jensen passd away in April.

Arthur Hill was famous as the Army Surgeon who at first, was forced to save the life of Sergeant Dolans (James Caan) Captain/friend in: A Bridge Too Far.

Roy Jensen was famous for his tough guys roles in Westerns and such. My favorite with him was in the two Clint Eastwood "Bareknucke brawl" movies that he did. Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can."

A classic scene in: Any Which Way You Can as the Blackwidow Biker gang member: He was with the gang listening to their leader spout off about Philo Beddoe when he noticed smoke coming from the kitchen and he got up and ran in there saying: "G-g-g-good God, muh brownies are burnin!" The biker gang leader says: "What did he say?" And another gang member says: "He's bakin' brownies." Biker gang leader says: "Why me Lord? I mean, you make other men out of clay, and you make mine out of shi*"

Anyway, Rest in Peace Roy, Arthur.

• June has been a very sad month in the world of entertainment. First we lost Harvey Korman, then Dick Martin, yesterday we lose George Carlin and Don Goodman. All four of these people were Comdeians.

This year has been all too bad of one with the losses of both Richard Widmark and Charlton Heston. I hate to sound so ghoulish but, and I hate to wonder who might be next? :broken_heart:

• It is unfortunate that we see so many go, but life is like that. Since being a part of the message board, we've seen so many good ones go, and I can only say that we are the lucky ones to know such people. I don't see it as sad, but a source of celebration of life and moving on. I have that kind of faith in my life. My only regret is that I wish I appreciated most of them while they were alive. Most of these people have lived a full life, and it is our responsibility to continue to better our world from the examples of these people.

Do something positive for someone today.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• It is unfortunate that we see so many go, but life is like that. Since being a part of the message board, we've seen so many good ones go, and I can only say that we are the lucky ones to know such people. I don't see it as sad, but a source of celebration of life and moving on. I have that kind of faith in my life. My only regret is that I wish I appreciated most of them while they were alive. Most of these people have lived a full life, and it is our responsibility to continue to better our world from the examples of these people.

Do something positive for someone today.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

NICELY SAID

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''