General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,147,053 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Harry Morgan, who played Co. Potter on MASH, and Det. Bill Gannon on Dragnet has died at 96. Besides those two series, Morgan appeared on literally countless tv shows and movies from the 40's on. He appeared in some of the best westerns on screen, The Ox-Bow Incident, Red River, Yellow Sky, and Support Your Local Sheriff. He also co-starred in two other tv series in the 50's, December Bride in which he and Cara Williams played Spring Byingtons neighbors, Pete & Gladys. After December Bride went off, Morgan & Williams reprised their roles in their own show named Pete & Gladys. And Morgan also starred as the retired Col Potter in a MASH spinoff series, can't remember the name of it. Always thought Morgan was funny. But it was the material he was given and he made it that way. A really great actor. RIP.

• Jim, I think it was called "After Mash".
    Morgan was very good at comedy or tragedy. If you want to remember him as outrageously hysterical, check out "What Did You do in the War, Daddy", a WWII farce with James Coburn and Disk Shawn. Great performance.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Harry Morgan... appeared in some of the best westerns on screen, The Ox-Bow Incident, Red River, Yellow Sky, and Support Your Local Sheriff.

Jim, Harry didn't appear in Red River,
    but did appear in The Shootist and How the West Was Won

Interesting to note, that he was the narrator
    on Big Jim McLain.

As we have not included Harry in our 'Pals'
    I will do so as a tribute.

RIP Harry

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• rip harry morgan,you were great in the shootist, and very funny when you had to meet john brooks for the first time.

• Jim, I think it was called "After Mash".
    Morgan was very good at comedy or tragedy. If you want to remember him as outrageously hysterical, check out "What Did You do in the War, Daddy", a WWII farce with James Coburn and Disk Shawn. Great performance.

We deal in lead, friend.

Gorch, I saw What Did You Do In The War, Daddy way back in 67, when I was stationed overseas. At the time, I thought it was hilarious and even now, it's still very funny. And Morgan was a hoot as that officer lost in the catacombs.

• Rest in Peace Colonel. :( You entertained me for hundreds of hours and I greatly appreciate it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• He was great in the "MASH" TV series and its spin-off "After MASH" and the 60s "Dragnet." Besides "The Shootist" he was in TV's "December Bride" and many movies. I remember him particurlary as the menacing henchman (with very little dialogue) of Charles Laughton in "The Big Clock." R.I.P. Harry Morgan.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• DC Comics Artist: Jerry Robinson, passed away on Dec 7th @ the young age of 89 :-(. Jerry was the artist who helped create popular Batman Comics characters like: Robin: the Boy Wonder, and the Joker.

Rest in Peace Jerry. I had a few Batman issues with your work in them and you and your work will be greatly missed by a big fan of yours.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Susan Gordon, who as a child acted in her father's films such as Attack of the Puppet People and Tormented, died Sunday 12-11-11. She also did fine work with Danny Kaye in The Five Pennies (as his daughter). Her father is director Bert I. Gordon. A lovely lady, who appeared often on TV in the 60s and 70s on My 3 Sons, Twighlight Zone and many others.