General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,136,063 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Actor Matthew Cowles Dies at 69

Actor and playwright Matthew Cowles, best known for creating and playing the villainous Billy Clyde Tuggle on ABC’s All My Children, died May 22. He was 69. Cowles’s long-running stint on the ABC soap ran began in 1977 as he popped in and out of the Pine Valley soap through 1990, when the Tuggle character was presumed dead in a bomb explosion. He came back a final time to reprise the role in 2013. Cowles nabbed two Daytime Emmy Awards for his turn as the notorious thug and also starred on CBS soap The Bold and the Beautiful for a season.

In features Cowles made his film debut in 1969′s Me, Natalie with Patty Duke and a young Al Pacino. He also acted in The Happy Hooker, Slap Shot, The World According to Garp, The Money Pit, Brenda Starr, The Juror, Nurse Betty, City By The Sea, and Shutter Island. The son of theater and Broadway producer Chandler Cowles, Matthew Cowles was married to fellow All My Children actress Kathleen Dezina before his longtime marriage to actress Christine Baranski, whom he wed in 1983. The couple had two children.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/0…-dead-christine-baranski/

Billy Clyde Tuggle was one of the great characters in the history of soap operas.

Edited once, last by may2 ().

• big band and jazz singer Herb Jeffries passed away on Sunday, May 25, 2014. He starred in a quartet of B westerns in the late 1930s.

• TV legend Ann B. Davis who played Alice on "The Brady Bunch" has died.

According to the couple she lived with in Texas ... Ann fell in her bathroom early this morning and hit her head causing grave damage. We're told she never regained consciousness.

Her roommate says Davis had been pretty healthy for an 88-year old woman -- and her death was a total shock. In fact, she even walked downstairs to say goodnight before going to bed.

Davis played the housekeeper Alice Nelson for the entire original run of "The Brady Bunch" from 1969 to 1974. She also filled the role for countless other TV movies and reunions. She last played Alice for 5 episodes of "The Bradys" in 1990.

We're told Ann was very close to some members of the church she attended in Texas -- and they are currently planning funeral arrangements.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/01/ann-b-...#ixzz33QmVrsyd

I remember has as Schultzy on The Bob Cummings Show.

• She did so many other things, but she was always Alice to me. It is sad to hear of her passing. Rest in peace, Alice.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "