General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,135,656 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Billy May was too young, too. I was so shocked to hear he passed on. So many celebs passing away recently. How awful. My heart goes out to their families.

• I have NEVER regretted the decision to discontinue cable in our home!

Mrs. C :angel1:

There are people who apparently don't understand the meaning of "NO".

Several years ago, the wife and I subscribed to the Direct TV service (satellite). We just don't watch that much television so after awhile, I said to myself "this is stupid, paying $50. a month for something we don't use" so I canceled the service. About a year or 18 months ago, I began receiving monthly solicitations (by mail) to re-subscribe. Naturally, I ignored them. But do you know, they still send me a monthly solicitation regular as clockwork. You'd think the idiots would take the hint.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Well, old Karl Malden has passed at the age of 97. I can name several roles I really liked that he played. For instance, the saloon-keeper in the Gregory Peck Western "The Gunfighter" The gambler buddy of Steve McQueen in "The Cincinnati Kid".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Well, old Karl Malden has passed at the age of 97.

I just have a generally warm feeling when I think of Karl Malden. I didn't realize he was so . . . old. Only 5 years younger than John Wayne (well, than he would be if he was still alive . . . you know what I mean)!

May he rest in peace.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Karl and his one and only wife were married 70 years.

Harve Presnell died today, also.

Jan Rubes died. He was best known for Witness.

Edited once, last by may2 ().

• He added great support to Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire and On the Waterfront.
    It's strange...he died the same day Brando did.

• I really liked Karl Malden and some of his movies including The Streets of San Francisco. He was great on Pollyanna. The only connection he had with John Wayne was How the West was Won. They didn't have a scene together but they were in the same movie. The movie I really loved him in was starring Tony Curtis and himself in The Great Imposter. He always seemed to play a priest. (Wonder why?)

He left the way I would like to leave this earth, leaving while you sleep. May he rest in peace.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, like Sue said, "I guess if I had TV..." I had no idea that these three died. I remember Harve Presnell the best as Rotten Luck Willie in Paint Your Wagon, and of course in Fargo. He had a wonderful voice. And Gale Storm in countless B westerns and the Gale Storm Show (I guess I'm dating myself), and Karl Malden. I always thought Karl Malden was one of the greatest actors who ever lived. I always enjoyed watching him. My favorite roles of his have to be in Cheyenne Autumn, Nevada Smith & The Cincinnati Kid. These three will be sorely missed.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Rest in peace, Karl, Harve and Jan.

It seems like they are dropping like flies lately. Sad times.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• RIP Karl Malden. Pretty sad I loved him in all his roles in all his great movies.

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• WOW! Karl Malden, Harve Presnell and Gale Storm. May they all rest in peace.

This is not a good start to the month!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."