Sergeant York (1941)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Ringo Kid.

• Re: Last Non Western You Watched

I saw this one on TCM this morning. I need to dig out High noon again and watch it. It's been about 2 years since I last saw it. I admit-I disliked the movie the first time I saw it--but it's been growing on me and I like it more and more--except for the thematic music. I still dont care much for the theme.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • The Ringo Kid wrote:

I saw this one on TCM this morning. I need to dig out High noon again and watch it. It's been about 2 years since I last saw it. I admit-I disliked the movie the first time I saw it--but it's been growing on me and I like it more and more--except for the thematic music. I still dont care much for the theme.

I think this may be a common thing as I too didn't think much of it the first time I saw it. The theme however has aged as well as the film itself.
      I find Gary Cooper, similar to how I find Duke, always imminently watchable. I never get bored of watching either of their films.
    • Re: Classic War Movies- Sergeant York (1941)

Dooley wrote:

I think this may be a common thing as I too didn't think much of it the first time I saw it. The theme however has aged as well as the film itself.
      I find Gary Cooper, similar to how I find Duke, always imminently watchable. I never get bored of watching either of their films.

Sorry I never saw your post before 2013 but, I fully agree with you. Also, I never was an instant fan of Cooper till seeing this movie as well as Springfield Rifle and Beau Geste. Try getting me to dislike him now--((MISSION IMPOSSIBLE)) :lol
    • Re: Classic War Movies- Sergeant York (1941)

One other thing, that WTBS ad above--I had cut from a newspaper it was printed in and kept it all these years till late last year when I decided to really do some ""Spring Cleaning" Now I wished I had kept it to go with this press pix. However, no worries because--the back side of this photo has the exact same pix pasted to it. That tells me that this photo is dated to about 1982ish.