There are 64 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 17,870 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have heard a lot lately about Californias woes. I think you all are probably getting taxed out of your homes to pay for all of their spending.

Speaking of Clint-just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales for the 3rd time this week. A local station seems to have a fix of somekind on that movie and Clint Eastwood. It's OK but I have not seen any local station play any of Dukes movies-which is irritating in the least. >:-((

If you thing California is bad, you should come to New York. Over 60% of the workforce is employed by the government (and it gets worse and worse as more and more private sector people leave by the day). Downright disgusting.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Today I began watching "Gran Torino" but turned it off after about 30 minutes because I got tired of listening to all the filthy language. So far I'm much less than impressed despite all the rave reviews this film is getting.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• If you thing California is bad, you should come to New York. Over 60% of the workforce is employed by the government (and it gets worse and worse as more and more private sector people leave by the day). Downright disgusting.

Hi EJ, your quite welcome to come here to Texas-it's not as bad here as elsewhere----yet, but I think ther are trying to catch up a it. :shibby:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• This morning I shut the door to my bedroom so my granddaughter couldn't hear all the filthy language, put it on my computer and finished watching the entire film. IMO, "The Shootist" is a thousand times better than this movie. If this is Clint's last, he sure could have gone out in better style than this. I didn't much care for the redneck character he played, even though he finally accepted his next-door neighbors as the human beings they were.

• I liked the movie, also liked Millon Dollar Baby. I really never liked Mr. Eastwood in Dirty Harry , but he is getting better as he ages . Just my 2 cents. Tim

• Planning to watch tomorrow night. So must look out for naughty words!!

Hey Mike,
    I wouldn't plan on having any small children, your wife (if she's easily embarrassed) or your grandparents around when you watch it.

• Strong movie. I wouldnt rate it his best but it was good. Shame he didn't plug the bad guys but I guess that wasn't the message of the movie. Found the dialogue hard to make out at times from the support cast so that may have been a blessing but from what filtered through I take your point Stumpy.

Mike

• My first thought after watching this movie was how much like The Shootist it was. I mean there's Clint trying to teach this kid the right way to do things not to mention the barber shop which was a part of The Shootist as well. There was also the feeling that the town would never be safe as long as there were evil doers in the town. The only difference I could see is that Books knew he was dying. I'm not sure that Kowalski knew he was dying even though he was coughing up blood. Other than the strong language, I thought it was a good movie.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• He didn't make his final decision on what to do until his las visit with the doctor. I am pretty sure he knew he was dying.

By the way, I didn't mind the movie. Thought it was quite good at times. Clint's best?? No I don't agree with that.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Powerful picture! I didn't compare this to The Shootist. A different type movie, and to me this didn't tell me "the life of Clint Eastwood" type picture. The Shootist told me that about John Wayne.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Of course Gran Torino was similar to The Shootist, but then it could be argued that The Shootist was very much like The Gunfighter starring Gregory Peck.

• I enjoyed seeing Clint in the action mode, especially at his age. The film was very good (sorry but I couldn't take his singing at the end tho). Like you said, not his best, but a good sendoff nonetheless.

• I finally got to see Grand Torino and thought it was a good Clint Eastwood movie but-not in his best 10. I hated seeing him die in it-and ESPECIALLY thanks to some punks. I wioshed that he would have at least "gone out" Jonah Hex (Dirty Harry) style-and that is-with guns blazing.

• I finally got to see Grand Torino and thought it was a good Clint Eastwood movie but-not in his best 10. I hated seeing him die in it-and ESPECIALLY thanks to some punks. I wioshed that he would have at least "gone out" Jonah Hex (Dirty Harry) style-and that is-with guns blazing.

Carl, that's what you expect in a Clint Eastwood movie. This was totally unexpected and actually brilliant! I was blown away, and it showed a Clint we would never expect. Brilliant!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Carl, that's what you expect in a Clint Eastwood movie. This was totally unexpected and actually brilliant! I was blown away, and it showed a Clint we would never expect. Brilliant!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Heh heh, to be honest with you-I too didn't expect what the movie ended with ;-)) Ill get the DvD when I can afford it though ;-))

• I bought the DVD sometime ago. Thought it was a good movie, but agree that it's not Clint's best! I thought the moments at the barber shop and with the construction owner were nicely done. And Clint is still alive and kicking on the director-side of the fence!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• i liked gran torino.it was a sober performance from eastwood.im not to pushed on his non westerns,also i did like the song at the end of the movie.i was totally surprised that he got killed at the end.i was waiting for his to pull out a gun and have a shootout with the punk's.i taught it was one of his best.

• I know I'm suppose to keep and open mind,,, haven't seen it yet. will have to think about it a little more... like seeing the reviews you all have given. will get back to you when I see it next week at my daughters house..

That'll Be the Day!