Are There Any Good Duke B Movies?

There are 24 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 21,174 times. The latest Post () was by JOHNWAYNEABE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Keith,

I've thought of many of your different perspectives presented here at different times, but you have done a masterful job of bringing them all together in forceful way at the same time. Those early movies were his apprenticeship into the trade of acting.

Chester :newyear:

• Should that be "The Spoilers"?

Yes, Robbie. The Spoilers and Pittsburgh had Scott, Dietrich and Wayne. Seven Sinners was just Duke and Dietrich.

I enjoy Duke's B movies as well. Some may be a little corny, but they did help make our man who he became.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I don't consider Pittsburgh a "B" movie. When you have Randolph Scott and Marlene Dietrich as stars and of course John Wayne. And I did like the movie. If you want to see a great all-time fight, see Seven Sinners with the same cast. (ot) Yes, I am off topic, but just had to comment on what was said. Please get back to the topic (for me to do).

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Sorry, wasn't trying to say Pittsburgh was a B movie. Just saying that Wayne's B movies started me on to waiting for THE BIG FIGHT scene in all his subsequent pictures. So I was saying that when watching something that was ultimately more of a propaganda piece like Pittsburgh, I was still waiting for the fight scene and it delivered.

>:-)

• I made the same mistake as Dukefan1. I meant The Spoilers, instead of Seven Sinners. Sorry for the misinformation. I haven't seen these movies in a while. I will this weekend.

Kain424, I may have made a mistake as well, I though you were talking about Pittsburgh being a "B" movie. I just wanted to be sure that it is not. Nothing personal, just wanted to clarify.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• They are all gifts and are all wonderful to watch his early movies as a kid back in the days who would not want to emulate him I do the same now and I am in my 40's

NOT THE BRANDY YOU DOPE!