Brand of Chew

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,074 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is probably way to easy, but it took me forever to find out, What brand of Chewing Tobacco John Wayne used? No fair helping either Colorado Bob!

That'll Be the Day!

• Hm-m-m . . . I don't think I knew that John Wayne used chew.

When did he have time?? He didn't get enough nicotine from those 5-6 packs a day? :vomit:

Personally, I don't want to wait forever to find out :twitchsmile:, and I am kinda curious.

Big Duke, you have come up with some great questions, I find I am learning more and more about Duke! Thanks!

Chester :newyear:

• When Duke Quit Smoking for a Short while, He Did Chew, because He was Having a Nicotine Fit !
    :fear:
    If I remember correct it was "Red Man"!!
    :vomit:
    But he did not do it for very long, and went back ot Smoking !!!
    :smoke:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Hi Fella's, tried to get on earlier but was in that server mode. If you look close in The Train Robbers and Cahill you'll see a lump in his right cheek, and then as part of True Grit he used it for Matties snake bite. I ran across a photo that was taken on the set of The Undedeafed, and Mr. Wayne is holding a Bag of chew with the words' "BEECH NUT" on it.
    I guess I was kinda of a lucky kid, when I was 15 I was growing up in Montrose, Colorado where True Grit was filmed. I knew all the location shot's. I even worked a couple of years later on the spread next to where the opening scene with Kim (Matie) Darby and the old house were, As far as I know the old place is still standing,I knoew a lot of town folks in Montrose as well and the folks who owned the Motel where Mr. Wayne stayed. The owner of the local restaurant told me a good story about a dinner meal Mr. Wayne had. I'll have to share it with you all later.
    Well enough. I'll be thinking about more Trivia! Until our trails cross.
    Adios Big Duke

That'll Be the Day!

• The owner of the local restaurant told me a good story about a dinner meal Mr. Wayne had. I'll have to share it with you all later.

We'll be holding you to this. Can't get enough of the personal stories about Duke.

As for the old house in True Grit, go into the youtube section on this forum and check out the "True Grit Then and Now" segment. A great watch!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "