What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 173,339 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I thought there was a thread about upcoming Blu-ray releases, but could not find it. Just read on Comingsoon.net, that Criterion will release two Glenn Ford westerns on Blu-ray May 14th, Jubal and 3:10 To Yuma.

• Jubal is a really understated film. Almost more of a noir drama than a western. Be interesting to see how good the transfer is

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hello Bill of PA. If you think of it, let me know your opinion about the Blu-ray Sand Pebbles. I understand that the deleted scenes are only included as extras, while they are properly inserted in the DVD. The extended cut DVD though, is inferior to the theatrical cut as far as quality goes.

Love this film.

We deal in lead, friend.

• By ""chance"' I was at Wallace World this morning to get some eh hem--""Cleaning Supplies"" and I happened by eh hem--""chance"' slip by their DvDs area-and saw for real--by chance--a 4 movies Western Collection that TCM put out for sale. It has: She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, Cheyenne Autumn, Wagon Master and Three Godfathers as the set. I didnt buy it for She Wore a Yellow Ribbon--but for Wagon master. I never cared much for Cheyenne Autumn and I already have Three Godfathers--a movie I love--but I cant stand She Wore a Yellow Ribbon--and this is the ONLY reason I have the movie. Also, of the ""Cav Trilogy"" Ribbon is my least fave--but I love Rio Grande and Fort Apache.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi

I finally bought the DVD Richard III. Its a digitally restored 2 disc version included in it the Film with an all star British cast and the second disc The Trial of Richard III a 225 minute mock up of a theoretical trial.

Regards

arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• The Pacific.
    Six Discs, ten parts.
    Got it for only forty dollars. A Blockbuster near me is going out of business.

I havent seen it yet but intend to sometime. I heard from the guys on the US Militaria Forums that it was OK--that Band of Brothers was way far better but the problem with this version--is its more long on wind and short on action.

Im not judging it till i see it though.

Oh and--oliver stone(head) is coming out with its version of American history soon -- which WILL be full of revisionist carp. I read about it on the Military . com site.

• Ringo, as I've stated on another thread, The Pacific is loaded with action, and is VERY intense.

I don't get how folks would say this is at all long winded or short on action.

You gotta remember that ALL militaria collectors are VERY picky with details. :lol: Not just me :lol:

• I know! I just want it to get a fair shake!!

It's a great series, and close to my heart. My dad was in the Navy in the South Pacific, and piloted a Higgins Boat - most notably at Okinawa.

Im a fan of Pacific War stuff-in fact--just watched the Marines best the Japanese in: Halls of Montezuma. ;-))

• Bought two new Blu-rays today. First, bought Schindlers List. Released today on BD, but since I'm watching hockey right now, haven't had a chance to see it. Second, bought the new version of Red Dawn. I've heard pro and con about this one, but it stars Chris Hemsworth who played Thor and who like, also Josh Hutcherson, who's made a name for himself in movies like Zathura, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, and it's sequel, Journey 2: Mysterious Island. Might be a terrible movie, but they filmed it in my part of the world, Detroit.

• Speaking of schindlers list, the 3 year girl (now 20 or so years older) has said she regretted playing that little girl in the movie. I forget why?

• Today was like Christmas for me. My new Pioneer region free Blu-ray player arrived, and so did 9 Duke films.

I have some of these already in different versions, but I love the John Wayne Collection design of the DVD's so much that I decided to get the full set from this collection.

It's a collector's thing. :smoke:

My stepdad is coming over today and I'm going to surprise him by giving him the Brannigan DVD. He had it recorded on tape but hasn't seen it in ages, but always talks about it when we're watching a John Wayne movie or discuss him. So we'll have a few beers, eat some chips and watch Brannigan this evening :beer:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Thanks. Are you not a fan of Brannigan or have you just not gotten around to adding it to your collection?

Just hadnt got around to getting it yet. I also need Mc Q. ;-)) I like them both especially the one where he is in the UK.

• There are over 10 more of these B-western titles released under the same company that I'll be getting. I like that they "go with each other", appearance wise, though I'm not thrilled about a picture of Hondo and his dog being on the covers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]