What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 173,149 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ringo Kid- They have DVD's with memory help programs on them, if you wait you will be able to get them on Blue Ray. lol

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Today I bought the Beatles movie, Help! on Blu-ray. It was just released this week. The picture was completely remastered and I'm watching it right now. The picture is simply fantastic. It's like watching it for the first time in the theater.

• I think the Library is a good idea, Stumpy. Another idea would be do donate to a local retirement home. The resident folks there would be more of an audience for your older films.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. That retirement home recommendation is a very good idea as most residents would belong to my generation.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Thanks, Mark. That retirement home recommendation is a very good idea as most residents would belong to my generation.

A few years ago, when my late brother was undergoing chemo for his cancer, I would go with him to the VA hospital and the in the chemo room there were about a dozen patients receiving their meds and they would sit and watch movies that were donated for that purpose. Most were VHS tapes and I had quite a few that I wanted to get rid of and I ended up donating them to the VA chemo room and the nurses were most glad to get them.

• Lately, bought seasons 1 & 2 of Hell On Wheels, X Men Trilogy, GI Joe:Rise Of Cobra and GI Joe: Retaliation, and Olympus Has Fallen.

On another note, upcoming Blu-ray releases:
    Oct 1st- Original House Of Wax in 3D with Vincent Price

Nov 5th
    Best Years Of Our Lives
    Giant
    East Of Eden
    Rebel Without A Cause
    The Right Stuff
    Dec 3rd
    The Black Swan
    Call Of The Wild w/ Clark Gable
    Jesse James
    North To Alaska
    The Undefeated
    Also coming soon:
    Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
    The Fly w/ Vincent Price
    The Fantastic Voyage

• Bought the BluRay/DVD combo of 42. A great movie and I am a Dodger fan. It was great to me. I admire Jackie Robinson, and I think Harrison Ford could be Oscar consideration. It was really great. One of the best I've seen (new) in a long time. A must for the baseball fan.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Today, I bought Epic. It's an animated feature about a young woman who gets transported to world in a forest where she helps the forest people fight evil. Thought it was pretty good, Grandson was here and we both watched it. Very colorful and good CGI effects.

• Jim, I thought that Star Trek Into Darkness was a great 3D presentation and I enjoyed how they twisted and riffed on the references to The Wrath of Khan.
    That being said, I have never been a true fan of Star Trek in general and have never seen any of the seemingly infinite number of spin off series. But, being a sucker for a good deal, Amazon had a one day sale of the first 6 Trek films on Blue for $29.00. They arrived today and I plan to counterbalance them by watching some of Duke's prime films.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Jim, I thought that Star Trek Into Darkness was a great 3D presentation and I enjoyed how they twisted and riffed on the references to The Wrath of Khan.
    That being said, I have never been a true fan of Star Trek in general and have never seen any of the seemingly infinite number of spin off series. But, being a sucker for a good deal, Amazon had a one day sale of the first 6 Trek films on Blue for $29.00. They arrived today and I plan to counterbalance them by watching some of Duke's prime films.

We deal in lead, friend.

Didn't get to see it in 3D, but thought it was good in general. And a few months ago, when it first hit the theaters, Best Buy had some deals going on all the rest of the Star Trek stuff. I ended up getting the first 6 Star Trek films on blu-ray and in a set for a little less than you paid. Figured while I was at it, I might as well buy the Next Generation set of movies for the same price, so I did. They also had all the seasons of the original series on sale, but I didn't have the money for them, so I passed. But I did see some scenes from them in Blu-ray and they looked fabulous. You can even have a choice of how you watch them. You can watch them in their original form the way they were filmed, or you can watch the enhanced versions that they did with more up to date special effects.

• I bought a few lately. Was in Sams Club recently and saw Speilbergs Empire Of The Sun on Blu-ray for $10, and grabbed it. Also, found Slap Shot at Best Buy for $10 and picked it up. Yesterday, at Best Buy, found the complete series, Star Wars: the Clone Wars on blu-ray for $124 and grabbed the only copy they had. At Target, bought Man Of Steel in a special edition, that comes in book style, along with two other booklets inside for $20.

• time to catch up. On Black Friday, picked up a few BD's that were on the cheap side. Picked up Jack, The Giant Slayer, The Scorpion King, and American Gangster. First one was $9.99, other two were $5 each. Bought The Wolverine last week and found Dukes True Grit at Sams Club for $4.99. Today, went to a local Blockbuster that's selling everything and picked up three BD's for $6.99 each, For Greater Glory, Bullitt, and Black Hawk Down.

• King of Kings -1961 $10- Jeffery Hunter, Robert Ryan, Rip Torn
    The Bible- 1966 $ 6- Richard Harris, John Huston, George C. Scott, Ava Gardner, Peter O'Toole

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower