2010 Birthday Celebration in Winterset

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,161 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here's even more new stuff to round out the John Wayne Birthday Celebration Weekend in Winterset, Iowa on May 28-29th!

First, join us for a delicious Fireman's Pancake Breakfast at the Fire Station, one block east of the Courthouse Square on Court from 7am to 10:30am on Saturday, May 29th. Sit yourself down for a fabulous morning meal! All you care to eat with pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, milk, orange juice and coffee. Just $6 per person (any age).

Next, John Wayne's daughter Aissa will be signing prints of her mother Pilar's painting of John Wayne titled "The Legend" at the Birthplace Saturday, May 29th from 4pm to 5pm. It’s a great opportunity to purchase a very special piece of John Wayne memorabilia and meet Aissa at the same time!

Check out http://www.johnwaynebirthplace.org/birthday for a complete listing of everything that's going on that weekend to celebrate the birth of John Wayne! You don't want to miss this one!

Wayne Davis
    Birthplace of John Wayne
    http://www.johnwaynebirthplace.org

• Well, I must say that the Mrs. and I had hopes of attending this year's celebration, but it seems we encountered a financial 'hit' every month for the past nine months . . . :cry2: . . . it just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

It sounds like a GREAT time must have been had by all, and I look forward to hearing from those who went, how it all went (BILL of PA . . . hint, hint, hint . . . ).

Chester :newyear:

• JIM
    I just flow in tonight. But I most tell you that without question this was the best of all the celebrations. Great weather big crowds free showing of Duke films at the local movie house,the Alamo under the stars on a large screen ,great auction and the wonderful lady herself Aissa Wayne. It's late so I will detail more after Ive rested.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Well some other things that went on at Winterset this year.
    On saturday walking tours of historic downtown Winterset.
    Carriage rides all weeked.
    Signings by Aissa Wayne in the birthplace garden on friday.
    Also dinner in the garden for everyone by a new line of John Wayne western foods.
    Joe Zukes collection of Dukes costumes and over a hundred rare photographs and posters.
    On saturday a firemans pancake breakfast.
    Free showing of "THE SANDS OF IWO JIMA" and "THE COMANCHEROS" at the local movie house.
    Food and merchant vendors in the downtown square all weeked.
    A auction of John Wayne and ALAMO items that raised over 23 thousand dollars. Plus three checks of 10 thousand dollars each.
    All this and a promise that the John Wayne Museum and Learing Center will be built by 2012.
    Plus our ALAMO block was on display all weekend.
    I will post some pictures later.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Edited 2 times, last by BILL OF PA ().

• Thanks Bill. I'm also looking forward to seeing your pics. It helps for those of us who can't make it out there.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Very much liked the pics and was happy to find out that Pilar is an artist which I did not know and I like the portraits of the Duke. Aissa became a beautiful woman as well