Saddle Up: Birthplace of John Wayne

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Saddle Up: Birthplace of John Wayne

Check this out:

The "Saddle Up with Dennis Browse" TV program visits the Birthplace of John Wayne. Includes a visual tour of the Birthplace home with Birthplace board Vice President Joe Zuckschwerdt, a horseback ride down the Clark Tower Trail in Winterset's City Park with Ginger Ryals, an Interview with long-time Duke costumer Luster Bayless, and highlights of the 2009 John Wayne Birthday Celebration.
      [extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymupgyCLR40[/extendedmedia]
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kevin: Updated the YT link ().

• Re: Saddle Up: Birthplace of John Wayne

Thanks Kevin really enjoyed watching this

[LEFT][SIZE=1][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [B][B]Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind[/B][/B]

I had the pleasure of being off camera during Joe Zukes interview.
      Joe did a great job. I only hope more board members can be at Winterset for the showing of the Alamo. All members that show can get together for a fine Iowa lunch and a toast to Duke.
      ''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Bill, I agree! Joe did a GREAT job! It was all the more fun watching and listening, having met him personally. It was a real nice special, and sure makes me want to be back there again!

I think it would be wonderful if JWMB members were able to get together in Winterset, to celebrate John Wayne's birthdsay, and enjoy each other's company.

Chester :newyear:

A great tour of the birthplace of John Wayne. I enjoyed it very much. I can't wait to go there maybe in a year or two and be a part of this history. I love to see the many pictures of Duke.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote