Davy Crockett (1954-1955)

There are 47 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 40,688 times. The latest Post () was by colkid60.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Bill, great shots and nope--I can only remember part of the Davy Crockett song.

"Davyyyyy, Davy Crockett king of the wild frontier.

PS, I have an original copy of the music sheet for that fine tune. I dont know when or how my Mom got it? but its been in the family since the music was published.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I imagine One for Fess Parker is somewhere, but I didn't find it. So please put this where it belongs, Keith.

This is a well done mini story in pictures with the theme songs of the two TV shows. I need to go find them and see them again.......lots of guest folks in there I didn't know when I was a "kid in a coonskin cap"......yep, I had one and it wasn't store bought either. My Grandfather, Will Keith Hawks, made it for me!
    KEITH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Oe7CWLAz4

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• A real one? Sure, Keith, go ahead and rub it in. All I had was one a store bought one, probably monkey fur. (sigh).

• How many of us can still sing the "Davy Crockett" song and remember most of the words. It was a great time and I really enjoyed then at 13.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited once, last by colkid60 ().