Daniel Boone (1964-1970)

There are 31 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,003 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• DANIEL BOONE

ACOLA PICTURES/ NBC TELEVISION

Information From IMDb

Plot Summary
    Frontier hero Daniel Boone conducts surveys and expeditions around
    Boonesborough, running into both friendly and hostile Indians,
    just before and during the Revolutionary War.
    Written by Ed Stephan

Series Cast
    Fess Parker ... Daniel Boone (159 episodes, 1964-1970)
    Patricia Blair ... Rebecca Boone / ... (121 episodes, 1964-1970)
    Darby Hinton ... Israel Boone / ... (114 episodes, 1964-1970)
    Ed Ames ... Mingo / ... (77 episodes, 1964-1968)
    Dal McKennon ... Cincinnatus (42 episodes, 1964-1969)
    Veronica Cartwright ... Jemima Boone (27 episodes, 1964-1966)
    Albert Salmi ... Yadkin (16 episodes, 1964-1965)
    Ted White ... First Trapper / ... (14 episodes, 1965-1970)
    Robert Logan ... Jericho Jones (13 episodes, 1965-1966)
    and many more including,

Paul Fix, Chuck Roberson, Hank Worden,
    Slim Pickens, Leif Erickson, Woody Strode,
    Joe Cannutt, Forrest Tucker, Carlos Rivas,
    Jeff Morrow, Michael Ansara, Cesar Romero,
    Jay Silverheels, Bob Terhune, Kurt Russell,
    Burl Ives.

Series Directed
    William Wiard (36 episodes, 1966-1970)
    Nathan Juran (29 episodes, 1965-1970)
    George Sherman (11 episodes, 1965-1966)
    and others....

Series Produced
    Barney Rosenzweig .... producer / executive producer (79 episodes, 1966-1970)
    George Sherman .... producer (66 episodes, 1965-1967)
    Aaron Rosenberg .... executive producer (40 episodes, 1964-1970)
    Bernard Wiesen .... associate producer (23 episodes, 1965-1966)
    Fess Parker .... producer (5 episodes, 1965-1970)
    and others....

Series Writing Credits
    D.D. Beauchamp (30 episodes, 1965-1969)
    David Duncan (21 episodes, 1964-1970)
    Melvin Levy (13 episodes, 1965-1970)
    Raphael Hayes (13 episodes, 1965-1969)
    and others....

Filming Locations
    Big Bear Lake, California, USA
    Golden Oak Ranch - 19802 Placerita Canyon Road, Newhall, California, USA
    Iverson Ranch, Chatsworth, Los Angeles, California, USA
    Kanab Movie Ranch - 5001 Angel Canyon Road, Kanab, Utah, USA
    Kanab, Utah, USA.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 9 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Daniel Boone is an American action-adventure television series starring Fess Parker as Daniel Boone
    that aired from September 24, 1964 to September 10, 1970 on NBC for 165 episodes,
    and was made by 20th Century Fox Television.
    Ed Ames co-starred as Mingo, Boone's Cherokee friend, for the first four seasons of the series.
    Albert Salmi portrayed Boone's companion Yadkin in season one only.
    Dallas McKennon portrayed innkeeper Cincinnatus.
    Country Western singer-actor Jimmy Dean was a featured actor as Josh Clements
    during the 1968–1970 seasons.
    Actor and former NFL football player Rosey Grier made regular appearances
    as Gabe Cooper in the 1969 to 1970 season.
    The show was broadcast "in living color" beginning in fall 1965,
    the second season, and was shot entirely in California and Kanab, Utah.

So similar was Fess Parkers portrayal of Daniel Boone,
    was to his Davy Crockett's,that audiences became confused
    between the two!

Daniel Boone was one of two iconic historical figures played by Fess Parker.
    He previously appeared as Davy Crockett in a series of episodes
    of the Disney anthology television series, to considerable acclaim.
    For his role as Boone, which lasted far longer but had arguably less impact,
    Parker again wore a raccoon-hide coonskin cap,
    which had been popularized years earlier by the Crockett shows.
    Daniel Boone's headgear was even mentioned in the show's theme song:
    "From the coonskin cap on the top of ol' Dan...."
    although the real life Daniel Boone did not actually wear a coonskin cap.
    From Wikipedia

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• As a child, I remember watching Daniel Boone. I was mighty young and I may not remember the show in the beginning because I was only three when it premiered in 1964. But I do remember it during the color TV days. It was great to see him in the adventure every week. What a fine man and actor. He will be missed by many.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Was Jimmy Dean the sausage king in this series? I seem to recall that he was..

Thanks for your poat, and I have posted a
    Welcome in our dedicated threda

Well apparently he was in this series

as Josh Clements / ... (7 episodes, 1967-1970)

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I just barely remember seeing a few color episodes of DB. I remember that Rosie Greer joined the cast and I remember wondering what hapened to the Tv show later that year. I was 3 going on 4. How I remember the show at that age-I have no clue? but, I also do remember getting to watch it when I was at the babysitters house. I remember it was on (as reruns) just before my parents came to pick me up after work. I also remember liking the series-but that was about it-untill I picke dup the first 3 seasons on DvD a few years ago.

If im not mistaken? wasnt Woody Strode in one or two episodes? or am I thinking of House Peters?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I imagine One for Fess Parker is somewhere, but I didn't find it. So please put this where it belongs, Keith.

This is a well done mini story in pictures with the theme songs of the two TV shows. I need to go find them and see them again.......lots of guest folks in there I didn't know when I was a "kid in a coonskin cap"......yep, I had one and it wasn't store bought either. My Grandfather, Will Keith Hawks, made it for me!
    KEITH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Oe7CWLAz4

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I suppose this should go with it. The Ames Brothers were famous singers, Ed was a brother. He became the half Indian pal of Daniel Boone in the series. Mom kept telling me he was a famous singer, but I only knew him as Mingo and thought she was nuts. This is one of the episodes that proved me very wrong. KEITH Great clarity and richness.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yTtUllff28

I imagine One for Fess Parker is somewhere, but I didn't find it. So please put this where it belongs, Keith.

This is a well done mini story in pictures with the theme songs of the two TV shows. I need to go find them and see them again.......lots of guest folks in there I didn't know when I was a "kid in a coonskin cap"......yep, I had one and it wasn't store bought either. My Grandfather, Will Keith Hawks, made it for me!
    KEITH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Oe7CWLAz4

• Thanks Keith. I knew you would know where to put them, but I DID try for a while to find the right place LOL........forgot about individual TV series Forums. Funny, I had never seen them before. KEITH

• Ed Ames is one of the best singers I've ever heard. Love his voice. I remember seeing him on tv many times with his brothers, singing on shows like Ed Sullivan or Andy Williams. When he began appearing as Mingo on Daniel Boone, he had a few solo hits like, When The Snow Is On The Roses and My Cup Runneth Over. Two great songs. Haven't heard anything about him in many years. Too bad, I'd like to hear him sing again.

• LOL Jim,
    Yep, had a real one when I was a kid, then, when I got into the Mountain Man thing........I made myself another one. As for Ed Ames.........he is doing well. A friend just let me know she had met him when he came in for an MRI....just a check up the other day. She said he was just so NORMAL, like anyone else.........she loved him, LOL......I would too, I think! KEITH

Ed Ames is one of the best singers I've ever heard. Love his voice. I remember seeing him on tv many times with his brothers, singing on shows like Ed Sullivan or Andy Williams. When he began appearing as Mingo on Daniel Boone, he had a few solo hits like, When The Snow Is On The Roses and My Cup Runneth Over. Two great songs. Haven't heard anything about him in many years. Too bad, I'd like to hear him sing again.

• Here is a picture of one of my AMM friends who was once Champion of Champions for guitar picking.......name is Comer Moon Mullins. Here he has on a hat he made from BEAVER........lot of the mountain men had beaver hats. He and I were "MOM AND POP" of this group, LOL.

The movie MOUNTAIN MEN with Chuck Heston and Brian Keith is about as close as you will find to what the real Mountain Men were like......the clothes, the food, Chuck even starts a fire with flint and steel the old way of waving the beginning flame it tinder around to get it going instead of blowing on it. It has some real comedic moments in it, but the beaver are dying out, and silk hats have become the style anyway and the Mountain Men are either forced into some normal type of work or they just go off into the mountains one winter and are never seen again. I love that movie.......those two were really good together! Here is Moon and the beaver cap. By the way, I can sing Davy and Daniel still, LOL! Only because they are part of my guitar campfire songs! Oh forgot, Moon has on one of his buckskin shirts he made also....No, that is NOT me with him....she was the youngest of the "girls" who took 78 year old Moon with us on a horse riding 4 day trip. KEITH

LOL Jim,
    Yep, had a real one when I was a kid, then, when I got into the Mountain Man thing........I made myself another one. As for Ed Ames.........he is doing well. A friend just let me know she had met him when he came in for an MRI....just a check up the other day. She said he was just so NORMAL, like anyone else.........she loved him, LOL......I would too, I think! KEITH

• Found this article from December:

• Thought I'd post some photos from my Daniel Boone image collection. After "The Lone Ranger", "Daniel Boone" is my very favorite TV show. My sisters tease me, though, because I like to call it "The Adventures of Mingo". He's my favorite character. He's wise and brave, but loyal and compassionate. One of my five screen heroes!

Season 1 photos

Publicity photo (Ebay Image)

Original comic book cover (Ebay Image)

On set publicity photo (Ebay Image)

Publicity still for Episode 1.01 "Ken-Tuck-E" (Ebay Image)

On set publicity photo (IMDB Image)