Happy St Patrick's Day !!!!!!

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,333 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Happy St. Paddy's day to you all. Don't forget your green. And get your Quiet Man movie out for the viewing.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Quiet Man is not on Turner Classics tonight. They must not have the rights to it any more. It'll be on somewhere.

Well if it's not on the TV,
    Break out the DVD,
    and don't forget the pint of Guinness.
    Where's our old friend Emmanuel got to I wonder??
    Happy St. Patricks Day

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Dear Members of JWMB
    HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY TO YOU ALL!

It'll be great to see again The Quite Man this evening,
    for more with some pints of Irish beer.
    Have a good time!
    :beer:

trifolium.jpg

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

• How can you tell when an Irishman is getting over his cold?

He tries to blow the head off the cough syrup. :))):

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone. A top of the mornin' to ya!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• why would i celebrate St Patrick's day? im not Irish so i have no interest in it

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• The Quiet Man is not on Turner Classics tonight. They must not have the rights to it any more. It'll be on somewhere.

TCM is showing their star of the month on Wednesday which is Ginger Rogers, and the last time I looked she wasn't in The Quiet Man..... As far as I can see no one show the movie according to imbd. You should have the DVD and watch it yourself and not depend on stations to show that movie. I also watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People. I don't think anyone show that movie either.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I know St. Patricks day is now over but, just for the heck of it, how many of you have Irish blood in you. I get mine from my mothers side. Her father was Irish, last name of Brogan, and he and his parents and brothers and sisters went from Ireland to England to Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact. When he and my grandmother married, they moved with some other family members to Detroit. Still have family in Sydney, N.S. that I have never met. Never knew my grandfather either, he died about 10 yrs before I was born but, I did meet a couple of his brothers over the years. Both came to visit us from Nova Scotia and it was wonderful listening to them talk with that Irish brogue.

• The Mrs. did her thing, cooking up corned beef and cabbage (and carrots and potatoes), which I happily washed down with a bottle of Mexican beer (Corona). VERY tasty . . . and multi-cultural (or sacrilegious . . . depending on your perspective).

The lady at the gym this evening complimented me on my green key chain. At my age, I'll take any compliment I can get.:biggrin:

Chester :holiday_irish:

• heh heh, that made my day ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I know St. Patricks day is now over but, just for the heck of it, how many of you have Irish blood in you. I get mine from my mothers side. Her father was Irish, last name of Brogan, and he and his parents and brothers and sisters went from Ireland to England to Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact. When he and my grandmother married, they moved with some other family members to Detroit. Still have family in Sydney, N.S. that I have never met. Never knew my grandfather either, he died about 10 yrs before I was born but, I did meet a couple of his brothers over the years. Both came to visit us from Nova Scotia and it was wonderful listening to them talk with that Irish brogue.

Hi Wayne, im Irish on my Dads side.

• For those of you who love this classic, Deep Discount has Darby O'Gill and the Little People for a reasonable price (under $10, with free shipping).

Chester :holiday_irish:

Hi C--I s=was at Walmart here in Austintownvillesburgsdorfskaya-and saw they had this movie for $7.50 here in my area. I almost picked it up and would have had it not been for three others I picked up that I needed more.

• i know its late but i didnt do a thing for pats day they had a march through brissie but i was working lol as if that has changed lol couldnt watch Quite Man its not on dvd here and dont have it on tape either

so belated st Pat's day to you all:holiday_irish::beer_yum:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"