The Three Stooges

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by chester7777.

• Re: Screen Legends- The Three Stooges

Im like one of the above and have been collecting the DvDs covering approx 2 years. I have 3-4 or so of them but will stop getting them after Shemp takes over Curlys place. Most of the ones Shemp did were only remakes of some Curly episodes. The latest set I bought has the Red cover and I got them at wally-worlds for $10 bucks per.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Lt. Brannigan wrote:

But Shemp is the most hilarious stooge! In fact he is the original Third Stooge.

Shemp was good but-- "Babe" will always be my favorite. To me this is like comparing Apples to Oranges kinda thing. I know Shemp was the original 3rd (under Ted Healy) but he aint Curly ;-)) Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

The Ringo Kid wrote:

Shemp was good but-- "Babe" will always be my favorite. To me this is like comparing Apples to Oranges kinda thing. I know Shemp was the original 3rd (under Ted Healy) but he aint Curly ;-)) Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Well how about this? Shemp was the only stooge man enough to square off with both John Wayne and Abbott & Costello. No other stooge can claim that.

Plus ol Shemp took some knocks from Lon Chaney Jr. in San Antonio Rose. They were a "team" in the film, and it appeared Universal may have been gearing up to make more films with the two.

The Ringo Kid wrote:

I will have to side with the Ringo Kid, Curly, to me, has always been my favorite. As a youth in high school the first hour after school was spent watching a local TV station with a couple of the shorts in that hour.
      Watching these Three Stooges are still one of my fond memory's of that period.
      As I mentioned in another thread, we went to see the "new" Three Stooges movie last week, and really enjoyed it.

Chester :newyear: