Circus World (1964)

There are 196 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 189,490 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Chester, are these really good quality and enjoyable to watch on you tube?
    I see films being posted on here all the time and feel like a chump for having bought everything on DVD and Blu ray when I could have watched them for free!
    P.S. you'll notice none of my latest posts have been about the weather!

Generally the YouTube movies aren't real good quality, but you get what you pay for. This one the quality isn't to bad. The main thing is being able to watch it, and deciding if you want to buy it.

Chester :newyear:

• Generally the YouTube movies aren't real good quality, but you get what you pay for. This one the quality isn't to bad. The main thing is being able to watch it, and deciding if you want to buy it.

Chester :newyear:

Thanks Chester,

I haven't quite got things that way round yet. I bought most of the Duke's films and am still going through them!
    If he hadn't been so prolific it may have been easier on the bank balance:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hello Hawkswill! Welcome aboard! ( i know youv'e been here awhile, i'm just slow to respond) I found your story about the circus world to be facinating! That's what draws me to this movie, the circus acts! I've never seen a circus in real life, hope to before i die! They just don't come this far north into hillbilly country! I'd have to go to Boston or New york. SOMEDAY! bill

• Oh NO Wytrayah, That was what I meant about the smaller circuses. You would NOT believe it. They have a huge big top with three acts going at the same time and clowns too. Usually, they come in early in the morning, (depending on where their last gig was). They come by car, wagons pulled by trucks, campers, one or two semi rigs, and they set up in no time at all. Sometimes they get a matinee AND a night show in. Then everyone leaves and the FUN begins! Boy to see those men move those elephants around, and the elephants know their jobs. They know JUST how to take the huge tent poles down without dropping them. EVERYONE knows their jobs and they all do them very rapidly. In about two hours...very hard to believe, but I have seen it many times............they are GONE. There is even a clean up crew that leaves the grounds almost spotless. Of course, I love the acts part also. Even small circuses have good acts....especially if you have never seen a Ringling or one like that! Tell me where you live. I will find you a circus close by this year. I will ask my Friend in Sarasota with Ringling. If you live up north, hope they haven't been near you already.......they head back south when it gets cold. Let me know, now
    And thanks For my welcome. I have posted on one or two of yours. I only really have about 7 or 8 folks who talk to me. I think I scare them off....too wordy, LOL...........can't help it, I am a writer.....things just come out! KPKEITH I will find you a circus. Can't believe you haven't seen one. There is NOTHING like the atmosphere of a circus! By the way, I am in Hillbilly country....not a store in 20 miles in any direction. Went to a circus in a small town about 3 years ago.....stayed until the last rig left!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Edited once, last by Hawkswill: addition ().

• Gosh Dooley, they look GREAT! You must have zillions as these are just Circus World....is that one of your favorites? Watch how much you put on the albums so you can get URL to post. I ran out of room, LOL. And to delete, so far, the only way I have found is to open each album, then each picture, click delete, and then again to be sure. Takes forever. I hope there is a better way, but I haven't found it yet. Also, there may be an easier way to get a picture up. So far, I can't "browse" my computer and post one. If you find a good way, PLEASE let me know. I love to send folks new pics I have found, but, as I said, I am deleting now so I can get new ones in.

Really NICE ones! Keith

• Oh NO Wytrayah, That was what I meant about the smaller circuses. You would NOT believe it. They have a huge big top with three acts going at the same time and clowns too. Usually, they come in early in the morning, (depending on where their last gig was). They come by car, wagons pulled by trucks, campers, one or two semi rigs, and they set up in no time at all. Sometimes they get a matinee AND a night show in. Then everyone leaves and the FUN begins! Boy to see those men move those elephants around, and the elephants know their jobs. They know JUST how to take the huge tent poles down without dropping them. EVERYONE knows their jobs and they all do them very rapidly. In about two hours...very hard to believe, but I have seen it many times............they are GONE. There is even a clean up crew that leaves the grounds almost spotless. Of course, I love the acts part also. Even small circuses have good acts....especially if you have never seen a Ringling or one like that! Tell me where you live. I will find you a circus close by this year. I will ask my Friend in Sarasota with Ringling. If you live up north, hope they haven't been near you already.......they head back south when it gets cold. Let me know, now
    And thanks For my welcome. I have posted on one or two of yours. I only really have about 7 or 8 folks who talk to me. I think I scare them off....too wordy, LOL...........can't help it, I am a writer.....things just come out! KPKEITH I will find you a circus. Can't believe you haven't seen one. There is NOTHING like the atmosphere of a circus! By the way, I am in Hillbilly country....not a store in 20 miles in any direction. Went to a circus in a small town about 3 years ago.....stayed until the last rig left!

Did you ever tell me exactly where you live so I can get my friend to check on when and how close a medium sized Circus will be near you? If you did, tell me again, LOL....must have lost it. Keith

• Glad you like them. They are a set of lobby cards, they were mostly produced with 8 in a set. I've uploaded some others and have more to photograph. It actually not one of my fave films but complete lobby set are hard to come by and it's the Duke! P ;)

• Great lobby cards.
    I tried to watch this movie again,
    but I must admit I found it slow and tedious
    and in the end flicked through it
    just to watch the last twenty minutes!!
    I din't think much of it in the first place,
    and certainly don't now.
    I will not bother again!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• To each their own, I suppose. I really enjoyed it actually knowing a bit about the Circus World as I mentioned before. It really gave the feeling of being around and inside a circus. And, I liked the story also.

Once again Peter, quite an accomplishment to get all the cards. You are a true collector! Keith

• Nice set Dooley. I've done some collecting myself, but somehow missed Circus World. Started collecting stills and posters back in 1959 and thank God, I've managed to hang on to a lot of them. Some are worth hundreds of dollars. My kids come over, check some of my collection and then ask how I'm feeling.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Nice set Dooley. I've done some collecting myself, but somehow missed Circus World. Started collecting stills and posters back in 1959 and thank God, I've managed to hang on to a lot of them. Some are worth hundreds of dollars. My kids come over, check some of my collection and then ask how I'm feeling.

We deal in lead, friend.

Lol! I'll never be able to compete with that!
    I started by picking the more obscure titles as they are more reasonably priced, plus I actually enjoyed Circus World. I had read so many bad things about it, on this forum too, that I was expecting a real stinker! I've always found both claudia C and Rita H very pleasing on the eye so maybe that helped.:wink_smile:

• I'm positive someone posted about the French release of circus world on blu ray but can't remember where it is! If any of you have it could you tell me if the subtitles are fixed or can they be switched off please.
    Thanks, P