John Wayne Home For Sale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Re: John Wayne Home For Sale

I may be mistaken, but isn't that the house Pilar sold a few years ago? If so, Duke never lived there. This was the house she lived in with her husband she has now.
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "
    • Re: John Wayne Home For Sale

dukefan1 wrote:

I may be mistaken, but isn't that the house Pilar sold a few years ago? If so, Duke never lived there. This was the house she lived in with her husband she has now.

You maybe right!
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com

BILL OF PA wrote:

Not John Wayne house. The home he had at his death is no longer standing.

That's what I thought, and I am sure we have posted about this.
      Anyway here is piece relating to it:-

Later in the Duke's life, in 1966, when his health began to fail him, he moved from his Beverly Hills home (at 4750 Louise Avenue) back to the clean air of Newport Beach. John Wayne lived in a large waterfront home overlooking the beautiful Newport Bay, sailing his yacht "The Wild Goose"(a former minesweeper) until his death in 1979. (He was even buried in a Newport Beach cemetery, just a few miles to the northeast.)
      Alas, the Duke's island home, a one-story, 10-room, 7-bath white ranch house with a pool, at the tip of Bayshore Drive, was recently torn down by the new owner. If you take a Newport harbor cruise, the guides will point out where waterside mansion used to be. Wayne's widow continued to live there until very recently; the property is now owned by a couple who also own the Four Seasons Hotelin Beverly Hills. Their $6 million yacht, The P'zazz, is worth as much as the Wayne mansion.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England