Duke's Movies- Blu-Ray/DVD Releases

There are 287 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 190,540 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I found more recent information about the John Wayne in Color set.

The three included films have state of the art colorization by Legend Films. Also included are the black and white originals, a policy Legend adheres to for all its product.

Visit Legend Films to see samples of their work and much interesting reading about their digital process. The films are done to such a high resolution that they can strike 35mm prints.

RoughRider

• And let's not forget that Legend Films has three more wonderful colorized films from his Lone Star days coming out this Tuesday. The first box set of films looked great...can't wait to see these next three!

• Hello everyone

JW DVD was put on the market again all at once
    by as many as 9 works for paramount vintage collection
    in Japan october,2007. (Region codes 2)
    9 works are True Grit,El Dorado,The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance,Rio Robo
    Hatari,Big Jake,In Harm's Way,Donovan's Reef and The Sons Of K.Elder
    Unfortunately,I have had this all.
    It come to want again because the package design has changed newly.

regards
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Thanks for the update.

These DVD's came out last winter in the US with the updated packaging, they had been released before that as well. But they came out with the new packaging to coincide with the release of "The High and the Mighty, Hondo, Island in the Sky, and the official release of Mclintock.

Its nice to see they are coming out for the rest of the world to enjoy as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• SXViper
    Thank you for your information.
    Hondo, Island in the Sky and McLintock were also released in Japan
    but un-official (not major brand).

I hope The High and Mighty,Jet Piilot,The Wings of Eagles DVD
    coming up soon in Japan.

Best Regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I just picked up "Donovan's Reef" at our local Wal-Mart for $5. Can't beat that and its in the new packaging.

H.sanada, hope you get the new "official" releases soon. THATM is especially interesting with the 2 discs.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I have never seen The Barbarian and the Geisha. Is it scheduled to be released on DVD? Is there a place where one can go to find out what DVDs are scheduled to be released?

Thanks!

• Hi Yakima1

The Barbarian and the Geisha has been rleased on DVD in both Region I and region 2 and probably all of the other regions as well.

I'm not sure of the American outlets but I'm sure one of you countrymen will inform you.
    Welcome to the site and i hope you will enjoy yourself

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• There's one more that I can think of but I gotta go find it. Video ETA is kinda worthless, but I still use it occasionally.

http://digitalbits.com/
    http://www.dvdactive.com/home/index.html
    http://videoeta.com/
    http://www.dvdverdict.com/upcoming/index.php

The Barbarian and the Geisha has been rleased on DVD in both Region I and region 2 and probably all of the other regions as well.

I know it's available for region 2, but I am almost 100% positive that it has never been released in North America.... cause I would have it on DVD.

<Edit>I was partly right, it has never been released in North America but there's an import copy that's region 1 & 4 but the language on the DVD menu is PORTUGUESE.<edit>

• The Barbarian and the Geisha has been released on DVD in both Region I and region 2 and probably all of the other regions as well.

I believe you're mistaken about it being released in Region 1, Arthur. The "Barbarian and the Geisha" is one of my favorite JW movies and believe me, I'd be snapping it up if it had been released over here.

BTW, if a cousin across the pond would be kind enough to procure a Region 2 release and mail it to me, I'd be forever grateful. I'd also reimburse you for all costs. (Keith (Ethan) did this for me once before and it worked out well).

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I have never seen The Barbarian and the Geisha. Is it scheduled to be released on DVD? Is there a place where one can go to find out what DVDs are scheduled to be released?

Thanks!

Hi Yak, another place you can try checking is at: www.deepdiscountdvd.com I have ordered quite a few items from there that are not sold anywhere locally or on a lot of dvd websites. Also, thet do not charge tax or shipping on their items and you can order 1 dvd or 500-and it's free shipping to you.

Take care and best regards.

PS, I "see" your from C.C. too! :thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I was partly right, it has never been released in North America but there's an import copy that's region 1 & 4 but the language on the DVD menu is PORTUGUESE.

Yeah, we found it "used and new" on Amazon, starting at around $24, as described above by Lt. Brannigan. FWIW, my first copy of Three Godfathers was in Portuguese, with the cover and DVD menu in Portuguese, but we could figure it out enough to play it in English. :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• Stumpy was looking for the place to ask a question or make an announcement about upcoming DVD releases, and couldn't find it. I found numerous threads about the subject, and with a little work, condensed it down to 2 threads, one regarding release of JW movies to DVD and the other about all other movies, in Off Topic Discussions.

I hope it helps a little.

Chester :newyear: