Duke's Movies- Blu-Ray/DVD Releases

There are 287 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 192,113 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Another thought about the combo packs is that quite a few young families have mini vans with built in TVs and DVD players. A lot of the Disney titles allow the parents to use the DVD in the vehicle and the Blu Ray on their home system.
    I too have shared the DVD with my kids and kept the Ray, but the price has to be sensible.
    Heading to Wal Mart tomorrow for Barbarian.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Well i bought my copy of the Barbarian and the Geisha at Walmarts yesterday. Two discs inside, thats cool. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but i have to agree with Ringo, NOT impressed with these cheap cases.

• Well i bought my copy of the Barbarian and the Geisha at Walmarts yesterday. Two discs inside, thats cool. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but i have to agree with Ringo, NOT impressed with these cheap cases.

It's quite a recent thing the 'Eco' cheap boxes made with thinner plastic. I tend to swap mine over with better quality ones, I bought a 100 a while back in one go so they end up pretty cheap and still going, I felt its worth it to protect the discs.

I'm hoping my copy of Barbarian and the Geisha won't take too long to make its way over the pond to the rainy UK. Anyone would think I'd never seen the film before!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• My copy of Circus World on DVD came from Merry ole England! Took 3 weeks!

That's not too bad, got plenty of other Duke films to watch in the meantime. Still wading through the huge 34 film Universal box set! :)

Edited once, last by Dooley ().

• Thanks very much for your very informative reply. This site really is full of people with a great deal of knowledge. Thanks again Roughrider.

• My Walmart copies of The Big Trail and Barbarian and the Geisha arrived today.
    Super speedy 7 days turnaround to the UK. My Sunday viewing has just been organized ;)

• WOW! Only 7 days! Did you pay extra for that speedy service Dooley?

Nope, standard delivery!
    I ended up having to order from a marketplace seller on Amazon.com as Walmart don't ship outside the USA and couldn't find them for sale anywhere else. Looking forward to The Big Trail, think I'll watch Barbarian and the Geisha first as I think after The Big Trail it'll seem somewhat lacklustre!

• I don't have any intention of switching over either! Unless someday i have to! I am glad i swithed from VHS to DVD, Quality is much better and they take less room! I am curious though, Is there a easy way to see what is available on JW on blue ray? and what is coming out in the future? I'd be curious to see how long it will take to convert his movies to blue ray. Some will never make it i'm sure!

• I don't have any intention of switching over either! Unless someday i have to! I am glad i swithed from VHS to DVD, Quality is much better and they take less room! I am curious though, Is there a easy way to see what is available on JW on blue ray? and what is coming out in the future? I'd be curious to see how long it will take to convert his movies to blue ray. Some will never make it i'm sure!

Bill, I have moved your post here,
    the thread dedicated to JW releases on Blu Ray

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Rough Rider,
    I bought a copy of North to Alaska, against my better judgment, and my blu ray has the same, frustrating glitch!
    Did you rip the Blu ray to see if it ironed it out? Only asking as I've had a few DVDs in the past that wouldn't play on any machines so I ripped them and they worked fine!

• I am disappointed, and more than a little annoyed, that Paramound did not include a 3-D option on the new Blu-ray of HONDO. It is one of the finest and most technically accomplished stereoscopic films ever made. I should know, I attended industry screenings of the 3-D restoration.

Learn about John Wayne's success as a 3-D pioneer at my friends' website here:

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/hondo-3-d-release

[CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

• Hi Rough Rider,
    I bought a copy of North to Alaska, against my better judgment, and my blu ray has the same, frustrating glitch!
    Did you rip the Blu ray to see if it ironed it out? Only asking as I've had a few DVDs in the past that wouldn't play on any machines so I ripped them and they worked fine!

No, I didn't rip the Blu-ray, which wouldn't do anything to fix the problem. It's a mastering flaw and as such would take some work to delete every 1000th frame and recompile. AviSynth can delete every x number of frames, so technically it can be done.

I was really hoping they would re-issue the Blu-ray without the flaw.

Send an e-mail to Soul Media like I did and complain.

• No, I didn't rip the Blu-ray, which wouldn't do anything to fix the problem. It's a mastering flaw and as such would take some work to delete every 1000th frame and recompile. AviSynth can delete every x number of frames, so technically it can be done.

I was really hoping they would re-issue the Blu-ray without the flaw.

Send an e-mail to Soul Media like I did and complain.

Sounds like a plan.
    It's hugely frustrating as the transfer itself is great, I just ended up waiting for te glitch rather than enjoying the film. Thanks for the info.

• It would seem that "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" is to be released on Blu-ray in Germany, is this correct? Hopefully not long till it gets released in the USA, and will hopefully be region free. Anyone from the UK feeling like we are missing out on all these Blu-ray releases lately?

• It would seem that "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" is to be released on Blu-ray in Germany, is this correct? Hopefully not long till it gets released in the USA, and will hopefully be region free. Anyone from the UK feeling like we are missing out on all these Blu-ray releases lately?

Hi there and welcome,
    We're actually better off in the UK as all the European releases are region B or region free so we can watch them all!
    You can also order them directly from Amazon.de which is a breeze.:wink_smile:

• Thanks, Dooley. I had never thought of it that way. Maybe we are alot better of than I had first thought, thanks again.