Duke's Movies- Blu-Ray/DVD Releases

There are 287 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 190,561 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Are There Any Duke Sites of Any DVD, etc. releases?

There are announcements of two Duke movies on April 28th on DVD. "Big Jake", and "Rio Lobo". It would be great if there was a site for Duke movie releases for our information.

Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Greetings!
    New to the forum liked to say yo!
    I have a list of John Wayne Movies announced to be released on DVD for this year so far:
    Operation Pacific 5/13/03
    Cahill: U.S. Marshall 6/3/03
    Chisum 6/6/03
    Big Jake 4/29/03
    Rio Lobo 4/29/03
    These dates are subject to change, but I find that they are pretty accurate.
    This is the weebsite that I usually find release dates on DVD Price Search. THey have a new release list every few days. I hope this helps all of you!
    On more thing, I really hate region codes on DVDs. Circus World & Back to Bataan has been released for European DVD players in French region 2 (I think) for a year now, and just a couple of months ago, Fort Apache has been released for England on Region 2. :angry:
    Anyway, hav' a day!

[SIZE=3]"Here's to you Duke, untill we meet again."[/SIZE]

• :D More John Wayne movies have been announced for release on DVD!

The Big Trail 6/3/03
    The Comancheros 6/3/03
    North to Alaska (My fav!) 6/3/03
    The Undefeated 6/3/03

I don't know about you, but I'm still waiting for "High and the Mighty" to be released on DVD in Widescreen. It shouldn't be to long, maybe within a year or two.

Well, I just bought "Flame of the Barbary Coast" on DVD. I've never seen this pic, so its time to get the popcorn and enjoy!
    Take care!

• I came across this today, "BLood Alley", "McQ", "Tall in the Saddle", "The Train Robbers", and "The Sea Chase" is to be released 05-03-2005! I hope this is some good news as these are some of my favorite movies! Here is the only thing I have on the news: DVD Price Search. This info will be up for roughly three days!

I'll see if there is any other confirmation (websites) on this. I hope this brings some new enjoyment for all of you! :jump:

• I already have my preorder in for the set, and look forward to watching all five of them in May 2005.

Roger.

• What are you talking about, Chester? I ordered my DVD from DeepDiscountDVD and payed $29.95 for the box set and not pay any shipping. The only problem is that I haven't gotton the movies yet. I recieved an e-mail confirmation on Tuesday that the movie has been shipped, so I should get it by the weekend if not before.

I haven't seen anything beat that price.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I was just at my local Sam's Club and the price they had was $35.47. That price that Hondo paid at DeepDVD was for a limited time only. You snooze, you loose. Oh and I lost as well. :angry::angry:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Chester,

I made the order on March 31 and received a discount of $29.95 for the 5 disc set. If you do the figures, that's $5.99 a piece. I guess it was a pre order special. So, like my good buddy Viper said, if you snooze, you loose.

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• Got my movies yesterday, and they are great. Haven't seen all of them, but what I have seen will be a great set. Sorry that a lot of you didn't get on the $29.95 special value. Let's keep in touch on the special deals and not miss out again.

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• Yes the $29.95 deal for the set of the five is a good deal. I've watched The Sea Chase and look forward to watching the other four films in DVD for the first time as well. I've seen and have them all on VHS, but the move up to DVD never hurts.

Roger.

• How about Swing Out Sweet Land on DVD

How about the long version of The Alamo????? with a bonus disc of supplements that include Spirit of The Alamo????

Spirit of the Alamo is one I would especially like a clean copy of. My VHS is very tough to watch. ...but I still put it on every once in awhile because it was so good. It has Jester singing Green Leaves of Summer and some choral moments with Dimitri Tiomkin.

What great music!

Anyway those are my top picks

...Just thought of another...
    An uncut Cowboys that has scenes with the Indians and the Bear!

Originally posted by Robhightower474@Jun 8 2006, 05:50 PM

[snapback]31995[/snapback]

Rob - You might check out several of the topics on "The Alamo" which describes the situation with the uncut version of the film. As I understand it, at this point, the only way a DVD could be made would be to take a second generation from the directors cut VHS tape (or laserdisc) which, in all probability, would be self-defeating.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Rob,

Jay is correct about The Alamo. In a nutshell, there was only one known copy of the Director's Cut of The Alamo in existence, and the fools at MGM destroyed it due to poor storage.

You can read the whole sickening story in these old threads:

http://www.dukewayne.com/thread624.html

http://www.dukewayne.com/thread1237.html

http://www.dukewayne.com/thread1495.html

and in these news articles:

http://www.jwayne.com/news/archives/00000028.shtml

http://www.in70mm.com/news/2002/alamo/index.htm

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Fellas, you can get a DVD copy of The Alamo Directors Cut. If you check E-bay, you can get one from Singapore for about $6. I got one a couple of years ago and the picture quality is quite good and it's done in Dolby surround. The cover art is nothing to write home about and there are no extras on it and you have to flip it to watch the whole film. they don't even have the entrance, intermission and, exit music but, like I said, picture is quite good and it's better than no DVD version at all. Also, I've got a DVD recorder and I've tried to copy my VHS copy onto a DVD and it worked. I only did a few minutes on a DVD Ram and there were no glitches from any copy guard that might be on it. The only thing is, to get everything on there, you have to use maybe three discs. that is if you want the best picture quality you can have. A DVD recorder is like a vcr, you have the different speeds at 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours and 8 hours. The 1 hour is the best picture quality, 2 hour is excellent and probably the best way to go, the 4 hour is still pretty good and 8 hour would be ok. If some enterprising young lad wanted to, he could make a good DVD copy using 2 discs for the movie and 1 disc for the documentary. I might even try it myself.

• Hey yall,

I found this on the amazon.com sight. Anyone know about this? Probably more old Lone Star Westerns edited, remastered and given different names, but I'm not sure. Anyway I thought it might be of interest. Here's the info I copied from the sight...

John Wayne in Color (Stolen Goods / GOld Strike River / An Innocent Man)

Actors: John Wayne
    Format: Box set, Black & White, Closed-captioned, Color, Full Screen, Widescreen, NTSC
    Language: English
    Region: Unknown. Read more about region encoding and how it may affect you here.
    Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    Number of discs: 3
    Rating
    Studio: Legend
    DVD Release Date: December 12, 2006
    Run Time: 164 minutes
    DVD Features:
    Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.1 Stereo)
    Includes the films: Stolen Goods, Gold Strike River, An Innocent Man
    Featurette hosted by Vincent Price
    Featurette and bonus short with John Wayne and Jimmy Durante
    John Wayne classic commercials, vintage film, TV rarities and trailers