Major Dundee (1965)

There are 89 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 100,912 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Apache.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Capt. Tyreen's death was severely edited. In the film he sacrifices himself by attacking a column of lancers and is knocked from his horse. These photos show that he was down, but not out.

• Thanks MB, I just HAVE to see this movie.

You know, the more I pay attention to the scenes with a lot of horses in them, I see some of the cruelest bits that can be used. One reason that you will see a lot of their mouths wide open and sawing their jaws back and forth.
    You rarely see them in the mouths of the horses which doubles are riding for the stars.

Just goes to show you, if you were seasoned veteran and highly paid horses, you got the best role bits! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

You know, the more I pay attention to the scenes with a lot of horses in them, I see some of the cruelest bits that can be used. One reason that you will see a lot of their mouths wide open and sawing their jaws back and forth.
    You rarely see them in the mouths of the horses which doubles are riding for the stars.

Just goes to show you, if you were seasoned veteran and highly paid horses, you got the best role bits! KEITH

I guess that's a new one for the KP list then, lol!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

I cant believe that there is a living person who aint seen this movie yet? :lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Oh, have wanted that since way back when I did the sketch of Ben Johnson from that movie.

Slipped one by you there, LOL. "best role" bits" for horses!" LOL!

I guess that's a new one for the KP list then, lol!

• I read about the upcoming Blu-ray on my Heston forum yesterday and am excited as well. I hope there's a lot of new extras besides the improved picture quality. I don't have a region free player at the moment (though I'm planning to get one), so I really hope it will play on European Blu-ray players, too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Well Hondo, I have asked Paula about it. If anyone knows, she should, LOL! Her BEN is in it! KEITH Either I or she will get back to you.

• Hondo, this is what she said:

I think Twilight Time's releases are region free, according to the
    info posted at screenarchives.com. That means someone in Europe
    should be able to play it.

Do you have a friend overseas who wants the blu-ray? :)

-- Paula

I will ask Peter, (Dooley), also. I haven't a clue. KEITH

• Oh, but what a beautiful one it is. And I think I stay pretty involved, LOL....you are living proof Kiddo. When my books are out, I will be sending you a ticket to come out here. Then you can see what a wonderful place that foothills and the Blue Ridge Mountains are. Best to see them on horseback......do you ride? If not, perhaps you can handle a four wheeler....second best way to see them if you can't hike a lot, LOL. Ly, Young 'Un, KEITH

It MUST be because of the life in rural N.C. Tough to keep involved if one is living on the edge----edge of the World :lol::lol:

• HAH, well you are a REAL MAN too, just like Mark, Russ! Guess you HAVE to be to openly admit you haven't seen Major Dundee. Paula will probably agree with Carl. LOL...funning you Carl. Going to call you in a bit........If you are still at DQ, I will finish teaching you about the other pics. Actually, I can teach you at your place without the use of DSL........you will see how it is done easily. Then, you can post them tomorrow at the DQ. You will be SO surprised at how simple this is. And, I think you will like it a great deal! Heh, you like the Photobucket ones, don't you? By the way, thought you were sending me more to post? Maybe you have graduated and are now doing your own? Forget the CDs...you don't need them. Save your money for an external Hard drive. Also, Photobucket saves your pictures for you.....sort of like an on line free Hard drive backup, LOL!
    Sure wished you lived closer. I am a super cook and would just love to have someone to invite for Christmas Dinner. Maybe next year, Youngster!
    KEITH

OK...I'll admit it, I've yet to see this movie.

I've never really had the chance.