What Are YOU Doing This Weekend ?

There are 61 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 21,724 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• As for me its painting the dining room ..... I hate D.I.Y. :angry:

Sunday is a relax-day with a few beers :beer_yum:

Windage & Elevation !

• Relax and watch westerns...Maybe visit a few grave yards after church Sunday..

"I admire your sand, Sister, but you should know this is no place for a woman"

• Are you ready for some football!!

Yep what I do every weekend during football season...

TV in working order... check
    Snacks... check
    soda... check
    Comfy chair.... check
    things for the kids to do so they wont bother dad... check

yep all set....

Oh and happy fourth Birthday to little Ringo!! hope you all have a great day...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Well its next week but I'm headed to the hills of West Virginia to go ATV riding with a group of buddies. Among the planned activities: Getting out in the woods, cookouts/ BBQ, fireworks, music and libations.

• working. I work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Bit of a bummer since everybody else is having fun, but then during the week, while everyone else is hard at work, I can go to Panera with my puter, sit and drink coffee, and people watch!

• doing the same things that i have been doing for the last few weekends keeping mum company going to visit dads site and trying to do garden work and house work in the time i have to myself never stop so much to do in so little time in the day. the lad went out for a bbq with a few friends from school he had a good time still was hungry when he got home i think he is an endless belly lol

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Im starting to do some volunteer work for the Salvation Army (unpaid) but pay is not the reason why I would do it if I were getting paid? ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I put a a retaining wall last year in my back yard with a patio. It has been a long process doing this with a shovel and hard back breaking work. I took some of the summer off last year because it was just too hot and went back to work in the fall before winter set in. Most of the delays during the fall was due to shorter days, and weekends full of football. And as most of you know, I am an Auburn grad and fan and watched my Tigers win the national championship (2010).

I then sat out in the winter to go back to work in the spring. Well, in Alabama we don't always have much of a spring. We had one weekend where the temptress were in the upper 40's for the highs in one weekend with rain. The next weekend we went up to the upper 80's with high humidity. This is no joke. We had 90's for 123 days this year. I just can't handle the humidity like I use to, so I did nothing to complete this project.

Anyway, to stay on topic, this weekend I will be finishing this project by cutting the caps to fit on top of the walls and say it is finally finish. With the exception of putting on the adhesive, which will be done next spring. This concludes this project just before Thanksgiving.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• With all of Jay's talk about eating food from D.Q, I decided to finally get a dinner there for the first time in at least 25 years. As they now have wifi--and its ONLY about 2 blocks from my house--well, it's a match made in Heaven ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I work on saturdays. Sunday is my day. It's either football or westerns. Sometimes both. Watched True Grit Saturday night on the AMC channel. It was right after Rio Bravo! I have cable tv, AMC seems to be the big JW place to go! Can anyone tell me is there any other channel that shows a lot of John Wayne? There's a western channel on the Dish but i can't get that. thanks, Bill

• Start doing some christmas shopping this coming weekend - get it out of the way before ' silly season ' starts' :stunned:
    Then go out for a beer session !

Windage & Elevation !

• deer hunting, then football with a nightcap of Duke in rio bravo, other then that nothing!

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• My wife and her friends are traveling to an outlet mall about 40 miles away on Saturday to start off the Christmas insanity. That leaves me and the guys to play poker and get snot-hanging drunk all afternoon. I do love tradition.

We deal in lead, friend.