New Westerns

There are 68 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 49,238 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Modern western?

Jeff Bridges To Star In David Mackenzie’s ‘Comancheria'; Chris Pine, Ben Foster Circling

Jeff Bridges has signed to star in David Mackenzie’s Comancheria, with Chris Pine and Ben Foster in talks to board the project. Sidney Kimmel is financing and produces alongside Film 44 and Julie Yorn. The script was penned by actor Taylor Sheridan, who played a cop on Sons of Anarchy.'

Now that the high-profile cast is coming together, the project is being fast-tracked to start production in June. The story follows two brothers, one an ex-con and the other a divorced father of two, facing the foreclosure of their family’s West Texas farm. They team for a bank-robbing spree that puts them on a collision course with a Texas Ranger determined to take them down. Bridges will play the law; Pine and Foster are circling the roles of the brothers.

Mackenzie earned universal critical kudos for his work on gritty prison drama Starred Up, helping to launch Jack O’Connell into the stratosphere with his turn as a troubled youth. Mackenzie is repped by United Agents in the UK and UTA.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/je…s-comancheria-1201403460/

• Josh Stewart & Parker Croft Join ‘Lewis And Clark’ Miniseries On HBO

Josh Stewart (Criminal Minds) and Parker Croft (Once Upon A Time) have been cast opposite Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts in HBO miniseries Lewis And Clark. Based on the book Undaunted Courage, by Stephen E. Ambrose, it tells the story of America’s first contact with the land and native tribes of the country west of the Mississippi River. The miniseries follows the epic journey of the Corps of Discovery and its captains, Meriwether Lewis (Affleck) and William Clark (Schoenaerts), who traverse uncharted territory on a mission to deliver President Jefferson’s message of sovereignty as they search for his fabled all-water route to the Pacific.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/jo…iniseries-hbo-1201418245/

• Found the new Western thread,

Jon Voight's 'J.L. Family Ranch' Premieres on 'Hallmark' Tomorrow

J.L. Family Ranch (aka JL Ranch) is a new cowboy Western movie that highlights rural living on a family ranch in a small town in Texas. It tells the tale of a veteran rancher and a former sheriff who must deal with issues involving an old enemy who tries to challenge their land ownership.
    The Hallmark movie was directed byCharles Robert Carner and stars Skyler Shaye, Jon Voight, Teri Polo, James Caan, Melanie Griffith, Steven Bauer,Abby Brammell, and Grant Bowler.

Skyler opened up in a recent interview about shooting with Jon, who is her godfather.

“He’s like my second father,” she toldHallmark Channel. “He’s an incredible person, and he’s given me so much life and knowledge in the industry.”
    Skyler went on to share how Jon has helped her with her acting skills.

“It’s interesting because we travel a lot – my grandparents and my godfather and I,” she said. “We’re all very close. Whenever we would travel, we’d be on the plane, and my godfather would be like, ‘Look, you see that person over there? Watch them, observe them, because those mannerisms would be great for a character.’”
    Hallmark has reportedly green lit a sequel for the film already!

J.L. Family Ranch will premiere Sunday (August 21) at 9/8c on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel.

http://www.justjared.com/2016/…res-on-hallmark-tomorrow/