What's your favorite Comedy?

There are 18 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,535 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All!
    I'm very fussy when it comes to Comedy. So, i'm curious, what do you all consider to be a funny movie? What do you consider to be the funniest movie of all time? My vote goes to: It's a mad, mad, mad,.... world!
    This movie came out in the early sixties, loaded with stars, and just hilarious from start to finish!

• I can't say I have a single favorite comedy film, but as far as a comedy western, I have to say my favorite would be The Hallelujah Trail. For a non-western comedy, I would have to say Big Trouble. Both films make me laugh my socks off!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• "The Three Amigos", "Slap Shot" and "The Naked Gun" do it for me. I laughed so hard at the last one that my wife moved away to another seat in the theater.

Although it's not strictly a comedy, "El Dorado" has some decent belly laughs.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Always loved Blazing Saddles. I think it's the funniest western ever and one of the funniest overall. I love most of Jerry Lewis's movies, too. But the ones I hold dearly for laughs are The Patsy, The Bellboy, The Disorderly Orderly, The Errand Boy, The Delicate Delinquet. Thought the Naked Gun movies were funny, as was Airplane and to a lesser extent, Airplane 2. And the other Mel Brooks movies, Young Frankenstein, Silent Movie, The Producers, and Spaceballs were pretty funny.

• Many of the already listed and: The Canterville Ghost with: Robert Young, Charles Laughton, as well as: Arsenic and Old Lace w/ Cary Grant--for starters. Oh and the Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can movies with Clint Eastwood and Ruth "Ma" Boggs Gordon.

Come Back Here With My Oreos Ya Hairy _ss. Gets me rolling on the floor every time. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• All right - Arsenic and Old Lace - I had forgotten because - 1. It's old and/or 2. I'm old and senile. Peter Lorre found immortality with the one line "Oh, no Johnny, not the Melbourne method".

Another old one is "Miracle at Morgan's Creek" from 1944 with a very pregnant and single heroine named Trudy Kockenlocker. Don't know how that one got by.

Thanks for the mental nudge, Kid.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I almost always have difficulty identifying one 'favorite' anything, because there are so many different choices, and there are often so many I like.

That being said, when I read the thread title, one movie that came to mind is The Bachelor and the Bobbysoxer with Cary Grant and Shirley Temple. There are so many funny lines that you miss quite a few the first time you watch it, so the movie becomes even funnier with subsequent viewings (at least for me).

Two romantic comedies that make me laugh every time I watch them are While You Were Sleeping and Return to Me.

How about Space Cowboys? It makes me laugh, just thinking about it!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I always did like Peter Lorre.

Also, more greats comes to mind: Imitation General w/ Glenn Ford and Red Buttons, Don't Go Near the Water w/ G. Ford and Keenan Wynn, Hot Stuff w/ Jerry Reed, the: Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers and, had an other in mind but can't think of it just now.

• The Pink Panther movies! Wow! How did i forget them? Have you seen the movie plaines, trains, and automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy?

• Plains, trains and automobiles... is a great movie...
    Pink panther movies are always great...

My favorite movie is a toss up between Raising Baby, Father Goose, and Operation Petticoat...

Others that I enjoy... The villain, yes it's a bad movie, but funny. Undercover blues, and Big Trouble.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• laurel and hardy's our relations and way out west

Our Relations, is that the one where Hardys wife is coming home from a trip and he needs Laurel over there to help clean the house from a party the night before and Laurel ends up burning the house down? If so, that's one of the funniest they ever did and always makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.

• Our Relations, is that the one where Hardys wife is coming home from a trip and he needs Laurel over there to help clean the house from a party the night before and Laurel ends up burning the house down? If so, that's one of the funniest they ever did and always makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.

our relations is about laurel and hardy's lost twins. Stanley and Oliver, their long-lost twin brothers, sailors Alfie and Bert are in town on shore leave carrying a valuable pearl ring entrusted to them by their ship's captain. All four get involved in multiple cases of mistaken identity as a gang of hoodlums try to steal the ring Stanley and Oliver wind up with their feet in cement, about to be dumped into the harbor.it's one of their true classic's.

• The Pink Panther movies! Wow! How did i forget them? Have you seen the movie plaines, trains, and automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy?

I have and loved it. I miss John Candy as he was great at Comedy. I also remember him in others like: Who's Harry Crumb? and others. Man he was great.

• Our Relations, is that the one where Hardys wife is coming home from a trip and he needs Laurel over there to help clean the house from a party the night before and Laurel ends up burning the house down? If so, that's one of the funniest they ever did and always makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.

If I am not mistaken, in Way Out West, Chill Wills dubs Stan Laurel when he is singing in the saloon. Great scene!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.