There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,888 times. The latest Post () was by BatjacAuburn.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You folks who have the big collections might be able to answer this. what is the oldest movie ( vhs or dvd) that is available to the average Joe like me! Is there anything older then the Big Trail out there ?

• Sorry, I guess i didn't say that right. I've read Dukes missing and rare movies Forum on many occasions. Does the membership have many of his rare movies that date back before 1930? If so, what kind of shape are they in? I'd be curios to see one!

• You folks who have the big collections might be able to answer this. what is the oldest movie ( vhs or dvd) that is available to the average Joe like me! Is there anything older then the Big Trail out there ?

There are a number of sellers on E-bay with some of the movies from the 20s as well as those from the 30s that are hard to find. The question becomes whether you want to buy a movie for the movie or for the three second (or less) flash of the Duke in some of the early ones. I have all the movies that I know are available back to Bardelys the Magnificant and Brown of Harvard except The Deciever. I've watched them all once but probably won't watch most of them again. You can pick most of them up for around $10 each. Noah's Ark seems to be harder to get and is about twice that, as was Bardeleys.

I've found a couple of other sources for some of the really old stuff as well that I could send you if you want.

• Hi the EARLIEST JW appearance available on commercial DVD is

"Careful please" released February 1926 a ham hamilton short part of a DVD set called "the lost magic of Ham Hamilton" AND JW FIRST public appearance that we know of.

See Roughrider website for what else is available commercially

http://dukefilmography.com/john_wayne_dvd_filmography.html

re Noah's ark this is available from Warners it has been released as one of the warner archives titles. I have this and its not a bad print.

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind