He Didn't Do It - Only Once

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,998 times. The latest Post () was by Rockwell T.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All,

Here is something to test your old grey matter with - for some reason it came into my mind today. What does John Wayne not do in the movie "McQ" that he does in all of his other movies or at least from "Stagecoach" onwards?

Regards
    Robbie

• Could be smoking. I assume this just means the staring or significant roles. There were cameos that he didn't drink or smoke in. Maybe it was drinking. I haven't watched McQ in years and don't remember too much about it but I am having trouble thinking of a movie he didn't drink in, maybe The High and the Mighty.

• Wear a hat? Again, I haven't seen McQ in years so I don't know if he wore a hat or not but that would be something he did in almost every other post Stagecoach movie. I've been trying to remember if Brannigan ever wore a hat but I think I can safely say that in every post-Stagecoach movie except perhaps McQ and Bramnigan he wore a hat of some kind at some point in every movie.

• Wear a hat? Again, I haven't seen McQ in years so I don't know if he wore a hat or not but that would be something he did in almost every other post Stagecoach movie. I've been trying to remember if Brannigan ever wore a hat but I think I can safely say that in every post-Stagecoach movie except perhaps McQ and Bramnigan he wore a hat of some kind at some point in every movie.

Correct, I think that's an amazing statistic.

P.s. He does wear a hat briefly in "Brannigan".

Regards
    Robbie

• That's pretty good, Robbie. Didn't think of that. I wouldn't think that in today's term. Not many wear them much in today's movies unless it's a period movie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Another might be , shoot a gun. The Quiet Man would fit that requirement.

Chester :newyear:

There's actually quite a few, "The Cowboys," "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon," "Trouble Along The Way," "Reap The Wild Wind," "Wake of the Red Witch," "The Green Berets (I think)," "The Longest Day," "The Horse Soldiers," and "How the West Was Won" etc etc.

Regards
    Robbie

• I love the scene in Hellfighters when he arrives late to the fire to save the day and is wearing a cowboy hat. Just a great scene

Red Adair, the Oil Well fire fighter whose adventures inspired the movie was a Texan. So the comboy hat could have been in character even if it wasn't JW playing it.

• Correct, I think that's an amazing statistic.

P.s. He does wear a hat briefly in "Brannigan".

Scottie, here is the answer

Wear a hat? Again, I haven't seen McQ in years so I don't know if he wore a hat or not but that would be something he did in almost every other post Stagecoach movie. I've been trying to remember if Brannigan ever wore a hat but I think I can safely say that in every post-Stagecoach movie except perhaps McQ and Bramnigan he wore a hat of some kind at some point in every movie.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I think it is he never fell in love, yes he spent the night with Myra (Colleen Dewhurst) but that was for information as she would not tell him anything until the morning. There was no love interest in either McQ OR Brannigan.